What did you Understand by the word Menopause?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Menopause simply means when a women stop having period.
The menopause or climacteric is the time in a woman's life when the menstrual periods stop coming.

In general, this change of life' happens between the ages of 40 and 50 . The periods often become irregular for several months before they stop completely.

A woman can still become pregnant during this time. If she dies not want to have more children, she should continue to use birth control for 12 months after her periods stop.

If a woman has not had a child for several years then misses some periods, she may think she is pregnant. When the menstruation dies come again after like 3 or 4 months, she may think she is having miscarriage, and she feels sad, especially if she really wants a child.

Whenever a woman of 40 to 50 comes with bleeding, after some months without, ask very carefully, ' How many years is it since you last had a child?' If the time is more than 3 years, suspect that it may be the beginning of menopause. Check again her actual age, or estimate of it. Then one can ask a midwife to examine her.

If menopause is thought most likely, advise the woman that she is not pregnant, and she is not I'll. She is going through a perfectly normal change which all women come to in time.

And during Menopause it is normal for a woman to feel many discomforts anxiety distress; ' hot flushes' ( suddenly feeling uncomfortably hot), pains that travel all over the body sadness, etc. After menopause is over, most women feel better again.

Can menopause occur even before that age of 50 to 50?
What can you say about this ?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I don't really have much idea about the scientific process that happen in the body that leads to development of monopause but as I understand it is a process in which a woman has reach a peek at which child bearing will completely be impossible, during this stage monopause can also come with a lot of side effects and sometimes the side effects can be misinterpreted as disease and infection, , the side effects and symptoms may be different from different people but mostly include palpitations, feeling of heat and other funny symptoms in the body that I can't explain,. In a situation like this it is the best for us to talk to our doctor m