what can someone do to a business that is not bringing enough profits?

funmi

Verified member
Everybody knows that the primary aim of anyone who want to start up a business is make profit. Even when your capital is small, one can still make a little profit since it is the input that will determine the output of the business.
It burdens me when I discovered that even after starting up a business with huge amount of money, the output still don't make enough sense. At times it makes the business owner looks as if he hasn't done things right before venturing into the business.
More so, the kind of world where we are living now many people will not even encourage you at all, they are even ready to send you packing out of the business so that they can take over.
When some find him or her self in this type of situation, what can some one do to get out of this situation?
Your response will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Sometimes there are businesses that is not worth doing at all. if the kind of business you are talking about has some potential or you have seen people who make profit from it then I think you should study how they do it in order to maximize your own profit. I always tell people to have enough knowledge about the kind of business they are venturing it because it is very important.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When the business has a waning profit that can mean only 2 things - lack of customer or higher price of the supplier. Usually it is about the customers which can be answered with a marketing drive. A campaign for searching prospective buyers can help if done properly especially for a retailing business.

PICKFORD

Verified member
There are many reasons why some business don't bring enough profit, most times you don't have enough customers to buy your product, another reason is that many people choose to give out their products in credit,in this way you won't see your profit as a whole, because your customers are owing you.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
When you choose a business wrongly and you were not making sales....I think it's a waste of time and waste of money to move into another business. That's why to start any business you have to do abundance of research.

Now, with this predicament, you will need to add something else to the business and back it up. Perhaps, it can bring profits.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
The major thing is changing the marketing structure. You could lower the price of your product a little, make some necessary changes and watch the business for some weeks and see how it will perform. Then seek for mentorship from the people who are successful in the business. Learning from them will be of great help

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I will start by writing sometimes we need to be contended with the profit we are having at the moment while working out modalities to get it moving. Cut your business expenses and strive to make sales all you can. Sometimes we might be making profit but the expenses we incurred takes it all away

Mika

VIP Contributor
The primary purpose of a business is to make profits, if your business is not bringing you profits you need to understand the truth, the business is heading towards failure. In such conditions, you have two options, either to object more money and invite experts to run the business or shut it down.