General insurance What are the DOs and DON'Ts of insurance?

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Yeah this are exactly the things to follow , I think in their terms too the person must not try to trick or perform any illegal transaction with the insurance company because the person might be arrested at the end of the day or even sued to court for such thing too

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Apart from this. If I insure my auto and I have accident with the car and in the process, I damaged another person car alongside with my car. The insurance company won't be responsible for the person loss. I will be the one that will pay for that damages of the other person car but insurance will pay for mine.
Yes, and that's one of the "don'ts in insurance. They don't take care of everything that happens with auto insurance company. Be it accident or whatever natural disaster and xD. That's why we need to read the terms and conditions before going to insure our car with insurance companies around.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Yes not all incident can be duly compensated by the insurance company, provided its not in agreement within the policy plan. That will be shortage to them and it is considered a downtime when it comes to insurance. Cos the insurer will be expecting that, insurance covers every aspect of his or her health, or property when damage is incurred.
Apart from this. If I insure my auto and I have accident with the car and in the process, I damaged another person car alongside with my car. The insurance company won't be responsible for the person loss. I will be the one that will pay for that damages of the other person car but insurance will pay for mine.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
You have written so well. And not all insurance policy is earnable. I mean it is not necessary that since one has paid premium under one insurance that the person will be surely compensated. In fact, if the incident that's insured against never happen, there may not be room for compensation.
Yes not all incident can be duly compensated by the insurance company, provided its not in agreement within the policy plan. That will be shortage to them and it is considered a downtime when it comes to insurance. Cos the insurer will be expecting that, insurance covers every aspect of his or her health, or property when damage is incurred.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Before you buy the policy, you need to make sure you have read and understood every term and condition of the policy. Insurance companies will be liable for whatever is in black and white. Before you can actually get the benefits from your insurance policy, you need to follow a lot of legal procedures.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I really don’t know much about insurance but the little i happen to know about it got me discouraged because I see insurance like a way to extort some kind of private tax from people and in most cases when you happen to need your insurance then some cases of information will come up and make it complicated to claim your insurance.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
You have written so well. And not all insurance policy is earnable. I mean it is not necessary that since one has paid premium under one insurance that the person will be surely compensated. In fact, if the incident that's insured against never happen, there may not be room for compensation.