Dos and Don’s of Email Marketing

Mika

VIP Contributor
Email marketing can be successful only when you strictly follow the dos and don’ts of email marketing.

Dos

Build your email list genuinely. Building a list genuinely means you can collect emails only from people who are willingly giving you their best email and who are interested in subscribing to your products, services, and content.

Offer value with your emails. Do not mercilessly promote products, you also need to offer useful and interesting content.

Don’ts

Don’t buy an email list, and don’t collect email lists unethically. If your email list is not built genuinely, the receiver will send your email directly to the spam box, and there will be no conversion.

Don’t spam. Spamming means you are sending a lot of emails. Do not send a lot of emails. Try sending a maximum of 1 email per week. If you are sending a lot of emails, people will start unsubscribing from your services. This is the worst thing to happen in email marketing.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
One of the major issues with email marketing s related to spamming. A lot of businesses and marketers start sending too many emails and the subscribers, even the genuine ones, will be so pissed off that they will unsubscribe from your email list. I am sating this from my own experience. I continue to subscribe from email list that sends me more than one emails per week. Another problem is not sending useful and interesting content. if the email contain just promotional materials asking the receiver to buy, people will start unsubscribing. if you want to stay in the business, you need to avoid these two things.