What are the different between faucets and airdrops

Ramolak19

Verified member
I think there are little similarities between them but the different is clear. Although they have different uses, airdrops and faucets are both employed in the bitcoin space. Websites and applications known as faucets give users access to modest amounts of cryptocurrency on a regular basis, usually in exchange for doing easy activities or watching advertisements.

However, as a marketing or promotional tactic, airdrops entail giving away free new cryptocurrency to current owners of a certain blockchain token. Aiming to raise awareness and adoption of a new cryptocurrency project, airdrops are often larger than faucets, which provide a consistent supply of modest prizes. Anyway I will like to hear others people opinion before we reach out to the conclusion

Lemming

In my opinion, there are some important differences.
1) When you use a faucet, it is possible to claim constantly for a long period (even years if the faucet is not a scam) while airdrops are prodromic to a project launch so they last a limited time (even if it can be long).
2) A faucet generally gives a small amount of cryptos or tokens that are listed in the exchanges while an airdrop gives away a new token connected to a new project.
3) Many airdrops end in nothing because the project they were founded on was not so solid. This has the consequence that the free tokens have no value.
4) Normally a faucet gives away a very small amount of crypto and it needs a lot of patience (and time) to make a withdrawal.

Suba

Staff member
I have claimed faucets since 2012, initially there were no advertisements, we only claimed faucets in exchange for Bitcoin, which was quite tempting to introduce BTC to the public, but now faucet sites have been used to make a profit, so they use advertisements and some even use shortlinks and pop ups which are risky. device security. There are several crypto airdrops that I often encounter, such as Standard Airdrop where we only need to provide an airdrop address like Bitcoin Core, but now they don't exist. Bounty Airdrop where we have to complete small tasks such as on Instagram and other social media. Bitcoin holders will get airdrops often I see on Coinbase, Blockchain wallet and Coinpayment, we don't need to do anything. .

Lemming

I have claimed faucets since 2012, initially there were no advertisements, we only claimed faucets in exchange for Bitcoin, which was quite tempting to introduce BTC to the public, but now faucet sites have been used to make a profit, so they use advertisements and some even use shortlinks and pop ups which are risky. device security. There are several crypto airdrops that I often encounter, such as Standard Airdrop where we only need to provide an airdrop address like Bitcoin Core, but now they don't exist. Bounty Airdrop where we have to complete small tasks such as on Instagram and other social media. Bitcoin holders will get airdrops often I see on Coinbase, Blockchain wallet and Coinpayment, we don't need to do anything. .
Wow, you have claimed faucets since 2012. They were times when faucets gave huge prizes.

StonedSailor

How do we get to know about if any faucets or any Airdrops are coming?
Is there a way to get the real time info from anywhere? Cause you might be knowing the fact that most of these thing these days seem to be scam. So if you can tell me the exact place to get to know about them would be appreciated.