Shares/Stock What are the characteristics of Bluechip Stocks?

Suba

Staff member
In the stock world, we are familiar with the term bluechip shares or first-tier shares. Bluechip shares are often defined as shares issued by large companies whose profits are stable.
Conservative investors will always buy bluechip stocks as their investments. Like stocks, facebook, Mc|Donald's Corp
Amazon (AMZN), American Express (AXP), Apple (AAPL) etc.
Of course, newcomers will find it difficult to choose bluechip stocks, so newcomers need guidance, at least knowing the characteristics of bluechip stocks. In your opinion, what are the characteristics of bluechip stocks?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I am a newcomer in stocks and I had my first shares of stocks last November 2021 only. To be honest, I have not made a transaction yet although I am monitoring the market price of my stocks. My plan is to buy more shares of the same stock that I have when the price goes lower than 128 pesos per share. That was the price of the stocks when I received my shares. There was a time I think in January when the price went down to 120 but I was hesitant to buy due to the advice of a friend that the price may still go down further. But it didn’t. Now the market price is hovering at 130 to 135 which is quite far to my target of at least 125 per share. My shares are blue chip stock because it is the stock of the biggest bank in our country. The financial performance of the said bank is excellent which may have added to the market value of the stocks. I guess the value of my stocks will continue to rise in the future.