What Are The Causes of Failure as a Fashion Designer.

Syldan

Lack of Resources​

Early on, it’s difficult for startups to keep up with the amount of work it takes to get a business launched and growing. Successful entrepreneurs need to have a “can do” attitude, but can also get caught up in trying to do everything themselves. Having to manage all aspects of a fashion business can quickly lead to burnout. And as the business grows, so too will the amount of work necessary to keep the business on the path to success.

Setho

VIP Contributor
The fashion and design industry is one of the most sensitive industries are there and how good you are is very well going to reflect on how much customers you're going to get. I have noticed that a lot of designers feel because they do not take a lot of time to learn and as such we have a lot of incompetent designers out there
. Another one is that a lot of designers and not creatively inclined and do not flow with the latest trend.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Fashion designing is a good business....and it's selling and going viral in my country. You can hardly walk afar in my town without seeing one or two fashion designers. I think one of the failures of fashion designers is not having proper skills on their job. It's rare for you to see a well skillful fashion designer that's not making it in my country. I think many of them rushed from their bosses or mentors without completing their training before freedom.

Victor001

You may have all the necessary knowledge,skills and information but if the marketing tactics is lacking,your business growth will slow down. Marketing is the hub of every fashion designing business,on a lighter note most fashion designers lack customers awareness skill, your ability to relate with customers is important.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Causes of general business failure can be attributed to inconsistency, dishonesty, laxity, poor customer services and the likes and this same set of attributes can bring down a fashion designer most especially laxity with customers and again dishonesty or insincerity can destroy his or her reputation.

As a fashion designer you must known how to create designs, lack of raw materials which made lead you to some challenges like not meet up to the customers target. Disappointment is also among it may lead you to;lost of customers and maybe collapsing of that your main firm or business. location is very important in a fashion designing sector.

Planet408

There are several attitudes that can lead to failure in fashion designing. When you jump into the open market without learning the skills very well, you'll likely jump out because of pressures you'll receive from your customers and your inability to deliver a good job.
Secondly, even if you are good at what you, you need to always upgrade your skills so as not to go backwards.

Briangsam

Many fashion designers fail for many and different reasons. Some don't have the neccesary skillsets to be a good fashion designer, maybe because they were not so attentive when they were learning the skill or they were so anxious to be a boss and didn't learn well enough. Location is another factor. You have to be accessible. Keeping up to time of delivery of work is another.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Fashion designing is just about 2 factors - connections and x factor. If you do not have connections in the fashion design industry then forget it. The x factor is an unknown factor that is also called luck. There are so many fashion designers here who cannot get customers despite their good family connections. They are just not lucky enough.

eojo2401

There are more than needed fashion designers in my environment at present which means if you are a fashion designer and you don't want to fail, you must keep upgrading yourself, upgrade your knowledge and avoid lies. The hubbies of majority of fashion designer is lie, they will tell clients to come and collect there cloths in 3days time but when you get there, they will be telling you another story entirely and this has made them lost numerous customers which resulted to failure.

Highflyer

Fashion designing as you've pointed out is a good and lucrative business venture. Many people do fail in this however because they fail to update themselves with the latest trends in the industry. Fashion design is now wide with several modifications coming up daily, you have to make use of the Internet now if you want to be successful as a fashion designer, there are thousands of YouTube videos that are rich in information and even Instagram pages that fashion designers can visit regularly. The aim is to upgrade your style.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Many things can contributed to the failure of fashion designer.
Some times when the place your shop is located is not accessible to the customers.
when the fashion designer is not creative enough to so new thing and show the whole world that he/she is a professional.
Lack of capital can also cause this when there is no enough money to fund his business.

D

Deleted member 28873

What Are The Causes of Failure as a Fashion Designer.The failure involved in fashion design work is kind of self caused problems .It depends on how well you treat your customers,your customer is always right you should make sure you have close interastions with your customers to know what they want. you also can't just go about sewing nonsense for your customers, if your work ain't worth it your customers would leave you .you should also make sure that your prices ain't that expenses, your prices should be fair in comparation to other fashion designers,and last of all your shop should be in a great position where customers could easily see.

Haypril

Fashion designing is now beyond cutting and sowing of clothes, it is now a professional career. Below are some of the possible cause of failure in industry of fashion in Nigeria.

1. Lack of work experience; some persons lack what it takes to excel as a Fashion designer.

2. Educational Background; gone are the days where you learn fashion designing because you lack the funds to further in education. Now we have prominent individuals going into fashion to make a big bag. And If there is no ability to communicate, then they might be no improvement in business.

3. Location; I can stop to emphasize the significance of location of business. It is one of the backbone of every successful business.

What do you think, share your thoughts and opinions.

Teatea

Lack of creative ideas too. Fashion designing requires creativity, as a fashion designer, you have to follow the trend and be able to adapt quickly. Trends change every time so you can't afford to rely on past ideas if you want to stay in business and be successful. Always be at alert and ready to come up with beautiful designs without copying existing styles.

Khezo

There are lots of things that is associated with failure not only in the fashion design world but a whole lot of other businesses. But for the fashion design the major problem with the business is lack of skills. When you have no skill or your work is not as neat as expected, there would definitely be a problem with getting traffic or customers.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
In as much fashion designing is lucrative, the insincerity of most of these people involving in it is killing the joy in it. These tailor can decieve their clients even after payment. They always bite more than what they can chew. This always cause problems for them. They won't even have time to sew one clothes yet they have collected 10 clothes from customers. This has become a major turn off for me.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
True i think fashion designing is actually a good business because there are actually a lot of people who have earned from it , all you need to know is to actually know the kind of fashion that best fit your customers and the type of clothing materials to check on them ,also know the skill very well then you are good to go at the end i think ,so fashion designing is really a good business i think

marcusfe

Causes of failure in most businesses is not paying attention to customers needs or complaints. I used to have a guy as my fashion designer but this did something that made me to abandon him for another person. When I was about to do my wedding, I gave all my pre wedding dresses to this guy so make nice styles for and I gave his the sample but to my surprise this guy gave the clothes to his apprentice to design and it was a real mess up.

Profwriter

Fashion design does not require a high education criteria to be successful, although a basic level of education may be required depending on your community but the most important among them is your skill. If you can make good design you will always have people coming back to you for more.