What are the best skills to learn before starting forex trading?

Immilash

We always say it that one needs good skills before he or she can dive into forex trading, many people ended up losing their trades simply because they don't have good skills, in today's discussion we are going to figure out those important skills that we all need before we can start trading in forex, I'm planning on starting trading on forex but I don't have enough idea and skills, I decided to write this so that we can help each other, but one thing I noticed with trading experts is that they don't want to share out their secrets and experience,maybe you might also noticed this. I just can't wait to be a forex trader but I will have more than enough idea before I can start just to avoid failures, I believe there are many forex traders on this great forum I will like it if you share out your little secrets on forex trading. Seriously at this moment I don't have any good idea on how to start forex trading but I believe with time everything is going to be simple and easy. I will much appreciate it if you share out your secrets on forex trading. Thank you for your contribution.

MakeitWork

Trading Skills for me can be attained depending on what stock you are focused on and of how you will learn on trading with it,

For the longest time focused on NASDAQ, however, my success is through the help of the right tools to use whether you are a beginner or not, for example, I studied with 20MinTrader which gives me the exact stock and pattern to spot as well as using TradingView for my charts and PowerE*Trade App for trading. those tools are considered as part of my skills since familiarizing their usage gives me a heads up amongst others

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Forex trading is almost like cryptocurrency in the sense that they are all volatile market and will require extreme dedication for you to be able to predict the market accurately , anyone who is going to into Forex business the most important thing you have to learn is forex algorithm and how it can be used, this can be thought when you are attending a technical analysis class, knowing the algorithm of forex will really help you to understand what affects the movement, sometimes from there you can be able to give some prediction on how a particular b will be until you can become a full expert, it is not a get-rich-quick scheme but it is possible for you to learn and understand perfectly.

Another thing you should consider to learn before engaging into life forex trading is proper riisk agement, a lot of people might believe that this is not necessary but it is completely the other way around because without good risk management you might be at risk of losing all your money even if you have an opportunity to trade with quality signal,

You should also continue to learn no matter the level of your expertise because it is still necessary to help you grow higher in the forex

D

Deleted member 28127

The first, criteria are brokers are allowing small value trading. This means even with 0,1 $ not necessary 1 $ to divide loses by 10 means if you deposit 10 $ you need 100 loser actions instead of 10 losers one. Second, you have to refer some people to play forex under you to gain revenue from affiliate marketing.

Victorial

Your best shot at making profits in trading is to understand how to read the charts. This is the most reliable method or skill you should learn first. Finding a good broker is not hard at all. All of these brokers have a demo account and you can use the demo account to test their spreads and if they charge a commission also. When you do, you must know how to manage the risks by using the best lot size you can according to your funds and setting a reasonable profit target that you know is feasible. Although you will not know, the lowest lows and highest highs will give you hint on where you set your profit target

cadelynch

Apart from the basic forex knowledge, I believe self-control is important to learn. At times, you might feel tempted to make certain trades but they may not necessarily be what you see. You must be able to analyse the market before you make any trading decisions. Trading skills can be learnt with experience.

Chlamys

Obtaining basic forex knowledge is okay but it won’t be enough. You will have to obtain real trading experience to make some money. Micro accounts work great when you want to gain some real-trading experience without having to take big risks. They will also help you gain the necessary live market trading skills that will help you survive for long in the market.

JoeSeki

You can make a list of tens of skills which you think are important before you begin your trading journey but when you actually start trading you’ll realize your strong and weak points and can better develop your skills based on that. I personally believe discipline, patience and consistency are most important but are best learnt when you subject yourself to the conditions which challenge you.

E

eldavis

Personally I don't think there is anything like the best skill, everything in forex trading is important and needed, instead of learning one and leaving the rest, it's best you learn all that there is to know in forex trading.

Zonked

Forex trading is a market where currencies are traded, and the best way to start forex trading is to learn about fundamental and technical analysis and how to read graphs. Learning these skills often takes some time, so it is best to start learning while trading forex with a demo trading account. It will give you the chance to use your new skills and will help you avoid making mistakes with real money.

Critomancy

Skills required to become a forex trader-
1) Fundamental and technical analysis.
2) Risk management
3) Good Psychology
4) Money management.
5) Knowledge of the trading platform.

Nimrod

Self-control, patience, and acceptance are important to become successful at forex trading. You may learn the forex basics, strategies, and everything from books. But building good psychology is what will take time and is necessary.

Jack Reacher

Verified member
Knowledge and experience both are essential. They are in fact closely related. It is important to be educated for forex trading because it's a job of a professionals. To be a professional, you require expertise. You must consistently sharpen your skills in trading when you plan to stay for a long time. The experience will come when you learn. Eurotrader has very good educational materials. I like thier education section.

Dita Walczak

Verified member
To learn about Forex trading, I need to do online research. I have to go ahead with trading by collecting information from online. Trading is very easy but I have to work according to that planning. And you have to gain knowledge from online.

Mater

1)Define Goals and Trading Style
2)The Broker and Trading Platform
3)A Consistent Methodology
4)Determine Entry and Exit Points
5)Calculate Your Expectancy
6)Risk:Reward Ratio
7)Focus and Small Losses
8)Perform Weekend Analysis

destinyrim

It’s hard to say which the best skill to trade forex is. You never know what skill would come as a saviour for you in the live market. It’s best to get a basic understanding of everything you can before you move ahead with live trading.
Moreover, I don’t think you will be able to learn all the required skills before starting your career because there is so much more that you will learn when you go live. Just stay open to new learning and keep testing & updating your knowledge every time you can.

CrozeGrog

I think one should learn trading psychology before starting forex because many traders get overemotional, lose what they have, and blow their accounts. New traders must work on controlling emotions such as greed and revenge because these lead to bigger losses.

Setho

VIP Contributor
There are quite a couple of things that you should make sure that you are conversant with before you should start trading the forex market. The first thing is that you should know how to handle your emotions because it is almost certain that there are some days that you are going to be making a lot of losses and the best thing to do at this moment is for you to take some time and if possible learn new strategies to grow as the market is changing. You should also be able to know how to manage your time and also have respectively.

Wharf

I believe new traders should read about risk management strategy and trading psychology in detail before starting forex trading. Risk management strategy will help them in managing their losses better and trading psychology will help keep their emotions in check. Both are extremely important in forex trading.

shirleencomer

I think that your normal life skills can do wonders in your trading career as well. If you are patient, you won’t make unnecessary trades and take time to understand and analyse the market. If you have great money management skills, you will not risk more than you can afford to lose. If you have emotional control, you will never do revenge trading or become overconfident.