What are the basic things you should know as a business manager

My friend's uncle just got employed in an organisation not to long ago. The work is okay and the salary is fair ( at least that is what he says). These past few days just got me thinking, seriously in the past I use to think I knew the jobs of a manager buy now I just think I know that they coordinate and control other employees and I know nothing else aside this as their function in an organisation. So my question is what are the major functions of a busines manger and the basic things and skills you should possess before applying for a position as one.

MarieArie

A business manager should have the following skills:
1. Money management: It is important to be able to handle finances efficiently.

2. Marketing, distribution, and customer service: It is important to be able to successfully sell your goods or services.

3. Communication and negotiation: You would need to connect with your vendors, prospective customers, clients, and staff and bargain with them.

These and lots more are supposed to be well digested by a business manager.

IamDozzy

A business manager is someone that has risen through the ranks in the very department he/she is managing. They typically have experience in all aspects of the business/department and would be able to coordinate teams and units within that business/department. You don't see and advertisement for entry role positions for managers because a manager is supposed to have years of experience which has been tested and trusted.

Olajidey

A business manager is someone that sees to all activities going on in the business, e.g the channel in which the product is being marketed and distribute, a business manager also serves as a bridge between the business owner and the customer or the worker. business manager also gives financial account t the business owner.

Lekhraj19

Verified member
The money section in the business needs to be taken proper care of as how much funds are raised and where the money is being spent into. Also, when it comes to enhancing the growth of the business then it's very important the manager should maintain a healthy environment inside the company, and disputes should be avoided.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
To be a manager you must posses this leadership instincts... A manager does not only manage the money but he also manage the resources available and also the manpower available... You don't need to know much seriously... You just have to do your best and also be the friend of people put under you.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
A business manager does a lot to make a business run smoothly. They are always like the powerhouse of a business. As a manager Money management should be top on your agenda. It is important to be able to handle finances efficiently. There should be no loses

You need to do well with marketing of the business. There should be a good customer service in place: It is important to be able to successfully sell your goods in the business

Communication skills employed should be top notch as a manager

King bell

VIP Contributor
A business manager needs to run a company's activities and understand everything from the business plan and industry to leadership and money matters. They should be good at long-term planning, leading a team, handling projects, communicating, making decisions, focusing on customers, dealing with risks, following rules, adapting to change, networking, being ethical, using tech well, checking how things are going, organizing time, settling disagreements, and always learning. These key parts let a business manager lead the company's work, make sure customers are happy, handle risks, know the rules of the industry, adjust when necessary, make work contacts, keep high moral standards, bring in new tech, track progress, organize their day, sort out conflicts, and keep growing their knowledge. By getting good at these things, a business manager can do better in their role and help their company succeed. When they focus on these core areas, they can really make a difference in their organization.