Business Ideas What Are Some Tips To Become A Great Team Leader?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
There are many businesses in the world and there are many kinds of business organizations in the world. In those business organizations, there are many managers and those managers usually form different kinds of teams. They usually divide employees and make teams. After that they appoint a particular kind of team leader who would lead the team to success. A team leader is usually responsible for guiding his or her own team. They are also held responsible for the performance of the members and they might even be answerable to their managers in the end. It is not an easy job to lead the people due to various reasons.

First of all, a team leader usually does not choose the members. Team members are usually selected by the manager. This means that sometimes people who do not perform well might be selected in a team and this might mean that a team leader might be overburdened to have such members. I think the greatest way to deal with such members is to assess the weak points of each member. A great leader works harder to improve the performance of the people who work under him or her. So what are some awesome tips to become a great team leader?

D

Deleted member 13140

Damn I've always thought to myself, how would I manage a whole team If I end up founding a company or something, let me not even look High just yet, how would I manage a 2 or 4 person business, I mean am finding it hard to manage myself talk more of managing other people.
How stay leadership, am not sure one can just learn it right off the bat, I think its a natural talent some people have in them, though am going to have some faith that it is actually a skill because I will have to learn that skill too 😉

E

eldavis

Know who you are working with. As a team leader, it is expected that you should know everyone on your team, it is not enough to just know them by their names, also know their abilities, weakness and their strength. This would enable you know who and who would fit a particular position within the team for each projects

moonchild

VIP Contributor
To become a great leader you need to understand your team and the role everyone plays, this will make managing easy.

Tell everyone his responsibility and what is expected from him, this will put them on the pedestal and they will work hard to fulfill their responsibilities and also as a manager you need to lead by example and make them want to emulate you.

With technology the work of a manager is simplified because it will help you to manage the tasks of your member and also update them on any latest development.

Jira, for example is a software tat engineers use to track other workers progress and it can be installed on their work system so that you will be able to track the time on they spent working, this is very common amongst remote workers.

As a manager you should also have an open mind, because you're a human being and because of that you're prone of making mistakes, don't take offense when your team members correct you, instead you should take it to heart and correct it and make sure it doesn't happen again, whenever you feel the urge to dominate remember that ego doesn't help anybody and it doesn't get any work done.

Here some few tips I think would be helpful

1. Be bold/confident: Generally, a good team leader should be bold and ready to defend his team members whatever the case.

2. Be ready to speak out for others: I bet you don't want someone who is selfish in looking out for others. A good leader must have the ability of being there when his/her member gets into trouble.

3. Must be good at making decisions: this is one of the most sorted aspect of a good team leaser, he must be very good at being decisive and making good decisions that would entail the comfort of others.

I guess this is all I have for now. Do have a nice day

Chibson

VIP Contributor
It is not really easy to become a great team leader because it comes with a lot of sacrifice and knowledge of how to handle people and also lead them to do a particular thing in order to achieve positive results. Firstly before you choose a team leader there are some qualities you must to look at and consider in that person. Firstly the person must be very passionate and knowledgeable in order to work towards the success of the team. It is also very important that the person have good speaking skills and must have the ability to address people and also lead people in order to achieve a positive result. Sometimes some businesses do not look at this things before appointing a manager and and most of the time the businesses end up not achieving maximum results as they should. A team must be willing to task himself in order to work two extra mile in order to ensure that a particular result is achieved within the stipulated amount of time. It is also very much important that he or she is very disciplined because someone who is not disciplined cannot really achieve results. And the person must also be friendly to everyone and not take sides when things goes wrong.

Dasryny

FYI, the most successful leaders make decisions instinctively. By doing certain things enough times over the course of their career, they become immune to the pressures of decision-making and extremely intuitive in making strategically better decisions. This is why most senior leaders will probably tell you that they rely heavily on their intuition to make difficult decisions at any given time.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This morning a friend posted in Facebook that "leadership is not about you because it is about investing in the growth of others." That is a nice one because some who are assigned leaders would be bragging of their capability. Think of a basketball coach who is not as good as his players. But he can bring out the best in his players that someday their team can become champion. Maybe I have driven home my point that a great leader is someone who tries to influence others for their own improvement so that they can contribute more to the team. Sometimes it is easier said than done but what I prefer is to show by example which is not easy for a leader to do.

Rachael

Verified member
There are many tips to becoming a great leader and one of the qualities that makes a great leader is the ability to make good decision. In today's world, the problems, challenges of man, the climate and fortunes where we find ourselves today is due to the decisions we make in our daily lives. The decisions of leader can either make or mar his team and the organization. To become a great leader, he must possess a good discernment of decision making skills. A great leader is one who is coactive in nature and encourages power-with rather than coercive power which is regarded as power-over. A great leader is one who encourages team work and participation and gives opportunities for employees to contribute their own perspectives on a particular challenge. A great team leader is one who encourages and creates room for unbiased and discrimination when any one gives his or her views. He makes everyone to understand that everyone's view is important although it can be adjusted to suit the conditions. A great team leader is one who looks out for his worker's welfare by knowing their, expectations, their challenges, their motivation and encourage them through words and compensation packages as well.