What Are Some Disadvantages Of Using PayPal?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
PayPal is one of those payment processors that is generally accepted by almost everywhere in the online world. There are so many people out there who accept PayPal only. However, I personally think that when it comes to online world, there are so many problems associated with payment processors and I think that PayPal is not an exception. Despite the fact that PayPal seems reliable and a powerful force in the online world, there are many other main reasons why many people are stopping to use PayPal. According to many sources, even Ebay was thinking about stopping to use PayPal at some point. Having said that I think that there are many disadvantages of using PayPal.

One of the biggest disadvantage of using PayPal is the fact that they freeze funds without notice. They also have are ally high fees and the third biggest disadvantage is the fact that it is a really bad choice if you want to conduct business with people residing in Tier 3 countries because PayPal does not work in those countries and you must rely on traditional payment methods. So, what are some of the main disadvantages of using PayPal? Have you ever had a bad experience using PayPal?

King bell

VIP Contributor
There are a few disadvantages of using PayPal. One is that you can only use it to pay for items or services that are sold through the eBay website. This can be a problem if you want to pay for something that's not being offered on eBay. Additionally, PayPal can be slow to transfer money to your bank account. It may take up to three business days for the money to be deposited into your account. Additionally, there may be a small fee associated with transferring money from your PayPal account to your bank account.

MJ Donnababe

I also don't like Paypal as a mode of payment. I'm from the Philippines and before u can register at paypal, they have 3 I.D's required like National I.D., driver's license and passport which i don't have that....

Sikapa

Verified member
I have been using PayPal to receive money from the internet for a while and I think I don't have a problem or any issues about it but the only thing is I think PayPal deducts $5 from any $100 that you receive online. This means if you get $100 into your account, PayPal will deducts $5 out of it. I don't know if there is something wrong with PayPal again that I don't know like maybe PayPal locking your money or something.

One thing that will be more dangerous is is online theft. If online theft or a fraud get to know your PayPal account than this can be a major problem because that person can can easily get access to your account at any moment of time and withdraw money from your PayPal account so if this is what you are really trying to say then it is a major problem. I have never experience this and I don't know how it works but what I think is this can be a great disaster and I don't know whether or not you had experienced such a terrible thing before. I hope you are getting what I'm trying to say here about PayPal.

Suba

Staff member
I have been using PayPal for years, and all online payment transactions are smooth. Although currently account verification using cc has expired but I can still use transactions or bank transfers under $50. I think some of the weaknesses of PayPal are high fees, often plus 0.3 USD, Difficult to complain, not all local money is available on PayPal, If the user is indicated for abuse, the account will be frozen for a long time.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
For 1 $ transaction there is up to 0,65 $ fees means it eats even more than half of the transaction which seems not good for small payouts and payments.

Suba

Staff member
For 1 $ transaction there is up to 0,65 $ fees means it eats even more than half of the transaction which seems not good for small payouts and payments.
After I opened a PayPal account, I found that there was no charge for the sender of money, but for the recipient, a fee was charged when I received $11 minus the fee, $0.78, and when I received $7 it was deducted by $0.61

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
After I opened a PayPal account, I found that there was no charge for the sender of money, but for the recipient, a fee was charged when I received $11 minus the fee, $0.78, and when I received $7 it was deducted by $0.61
I am speaking about PayPal receiving money. These high fees let people choose to be paid in an alternative way than PayPal due to high fees that eat payment transaction that is most of the time 1 $ or 3 $ from earning platforms.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I didn't see this before making my post on earning sites needing to dump PayPal method of paying online users I don't just like PayPal mode of operation it doesn't just work for a lot of us especially those that can't deposit money into their account. I don't understand how PayPal think we can only use it to withdraw money but can't deposit and you wonder where the withdrawal can come from without a deposit. So it is as good as them telling us we shouldn't even use their platform or service in an indirect way.

So since they can't accommodate everyone then earning sites needs to bypass them when it comes to their primary mode of payment. Use a method that all users can conveniently gets their money.

Again, PayPal just like to seize people money for no just cause and you begin to go through rigorous documentation and submission before you can rectify the issue and gets back your funds. Sometimes it looks they want to just have free money and not refund what you have. it really appalling, they need to do better or else earning sites should just boycott them.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
PayPal is no doubt one of the biggest if not the biggest payment gateway. It has been a while most companies have been adopting it and no doubt there has been a time when PayPal enjoy monopoly of being the only one avenue by which money can be received internationally especially in the online market.

However, there have been incessant complaint about the operation of PayPal which makes it not to be enjoying the monopoly it enjoyed before as others like Payoneer, Skrill and the likes rest on its weksness to compete with it. The fact that it is not in operation in all countries reveals its Achilles heel. Citizens in the disabled countries prefer to find solace somewhere else.

The rate at which charges are done is the most turn off point for its users. Deducting $5 on $100 is much. While some other gateways will be charging based on percentage, PayPal will prefer having a fixed charge on every transaction making it exploitative in nature.

Do you know that PayPal has the right to freeze your account until you prove them wrong that you are the owner of the money. Most time they ask for documents that may be hard for you to get.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
PayPal is a very good payment processor. I used it for a long time before I quit using it. It was great because of it's convenience since it is the most used payment processor by most sites. You can also easily covert your money your local currency due to available exchange methods.

However, my account got limited due to one mistake I made and now I can never created an account there. That is their main disadvantage. They have really strict rules and won't give you another chance once you make one mistake. So if you are limited from using them, it is forever.

Then they have this feature which allows people to ask for refund of their money without putting in strict rules. So someone can pay you then claim the money back and there is nothing you will do to recover it. Yet you have sold your things or you have given them the service they needed.

Something else that I don't like about PayPal is how they have limited some countries. So it makes them miss out on most advantages that PayPal offers. It also prevents you from doing business with those countries. I hope they will spread worldwide with time.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
PayPal is a great way to accept payments, but it comes with some disadvantages. Here are some of the most common ones:

-PayPal fees: While they are low and most often included in your transaction fee, there are fees associated with using PayPal. The fees can be small or large depending on how many transactions you have made with them and what type of account you have.

-Fraud protection: PayPal does not offer any fraud protection for their customers, so if someone were to steal your money, there would be nothing that could be done about it.

-Security issues: Users may experience security issues when using PayPal because there is no third party checking their account activity and potential hacks happen from time to time which could lead to frauds on other accounts as well (usually overdrafts).

-The most annoying part is they do constant verification, they do this time to time and if you are not able to meet up with requirements due to some reasons, your account and its content will be taken over by them without any stress.

coincash08

The major disadvantage of using paypal for online transactions is that they do not accept some countries,ie it is not used worldwide.

leoparker707

There are some major disadvantages of using Paypal:
1. Fees: Paypal charges high fees for incoming and outgoing transactions.
2. Transaction limit: Paypal restrict your transaction to a certain limit and a certain period.
3. Not Accepted Everywhere: Paypal is not accepted everywhere and its services are limited to first and second-world countries.

lexfurther

Disadvantages of using PayPal include fees, account freezes, limited access, limitations on buyer and seller protection, lack of anonymity, and sometimes challenging customer service.