Websites to Publish Stories and Make Money

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you are a fiction writer and if you write short stories or novels, here are a few sites where you can publish your stories or serialize your novels and make money as a fiction writer.

Wattpad: On wattpad you can publish your short stories and novels and make money by charging reading fees. The platform also pitches its authors’ works for screen adaptations and book contract and if you are accepted, you can make a lot of money.

Chicken Soup for the Soul: This platform accepts shorter-length stories and offers $250 for accepted works. Your work will appear in a book published by the platform.

HubPages: Hubpages is basically meant for informative articles, however, they will also approve fictional pieces. You can publish stories and serialized novels. You can earn form views and ad impressions.

Writers.com: Well, this is not a publication platform but rather a training platform but the platform provides a list of websites and magazines that accept fictional pieces.

WritersDigest.com: This a print magazine (also available as an online magazine) that offers resources for writers including the list of publications that published fictions (novels and short stories). The platform also has annual contests and you can earn a lot of money by wining the contests.

Etini

Valued Contributor
I love writing stories but I have never published my story in any of these platforms. I know of wattpadd but I have never considered publishing there. I have read of chicken soup for the soul but here you don't publish fiction, you publish real-life stories. Maybe wattpadd is for fictional stories.

I know hub pages is specifically meant for articles but you said that we can publish fiction there. I would have to give that a try. Writers digest is all about inspiring, celebrating, and understanding writers. I love it as it attempts to capture the struggles we go through as writers.

What you did not include is the pay rates for this sites and the payment methods for yhe respective platforms. Or are they free? I know writers digest pays for articles they approve and publish on their site. I would try some of the platforms anytime soon.