Want to Become a Programmer? The Best Platforms to Learn to Code

Mika

VIP Contributor
Zero to Mastery (zerotomastery.io) is an online course platform you can learn anything from Business, Lifes kills, and Design, to Coding, Web3, and Blockchain. The courses are taught by professionals, therefore, if you graduate from a course, you have a high chance of getting hired as a programmer. The platform even provides a course on how to master the “coding interview” and get a job. The courses are focused on learning, doing a project, and then getting hired. The people who learned on this platform have been hired by big companies like Tesla, Amazon, Google, etc., or have started their own businesses. There is even a discord community between instructors and learners.

CodeAcademy.com: This is yet another good platform to learn to code. The best thing about this platform is this is specifically built for people who want to learn to code. All the courses available are programming-specific.

FreeCodeCamp.org: If you want to learn to code, but cannot pay money, you need to try this platform.

arunima25

Verified member
That is an informative post. Many people want to learn coding and become programmer. Some want to do so to kick start their career while many do so to upgrade themselves, add a new skill to their resume and get better opportunities in their career.
Having online courses is always a boon as it comes with great advantage for all especially people who are already working or are busy with other schedules. One can do it at their convenience from comfort of the home and save a lot of time and expense by avoiding commutation.
The last one is a free site. Hope it gives some certification as that would be an added benefit to the resume. Hopefully the other two sites are also affordable and can be availed by anyone and one need not spend a big fortune there.
I guess that one would need to qualify some tests and exams to get the certification.
Block chain is the new thing which is getting popular. It's a buzzing word but many would not have a depth knowledge of it. It would be good if there is a well structured course to learn about it and get a certificate. Block chain seems to have a good future for yhte time being.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
I like freecodecamp, I learnt a lot there, that is where I started off, I think for anybody that wants to learn to code, you just need to take the plunge and try it, I remembered back then, I actually thought it is not possible to learn how to code because it looks so complex to me, but when you start you will realize it is not that hard you only need to do it constantly and it will stick.
You can also use communities in these platforms, there are other beginners like you that are gong through all what you are going through, it will really help you to have like a study group and also get prompt response when you get stuck in your coding.

These days, you don't have to pay anybody to learn how to code these resources are all you need and an unwavering discipline to get you going.

arunima25

Verified member
It is good to know that there are free resources to help us learn code. Having a community to learn with is wonderful. Learning in a community helps us share, inspire each other and stay motivated. Rightly said that the resources might be free of cost, but then the inner discipline to stay motivated and focused is a must. A community helps there. Your friends in the community can help you stay motivated. Also you feel a healthy competition to stay at par with others keeps you going.