Vices in the workplace

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In the olden days smoking was allowed in the office. I remember having an ash tray on my office table. About half of the guys in our department were smokers. But in the new millennium smoking has been banned in closed areas particularly in the workplace. I guess this is a nice move for the convenience of the general public who do not smoke because as they say second hand smoke is a health issue.

Drinking alcoholic and intoxicating drinks is prohibited in the workplace. This is based on common sense so there is no need for explanation. But sometimes I see a news report of employees being terminated for drinking in the workplace. I wonder why they still violate a simple regulation. I sometimes think that smoking and drinking are vices that do not need to be prohibited but culture should dictate that it is prohibited in public places. What is your take on smoking and drinking in the workplace?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
In the olden days smoking was allowed in the office. I remember having an ash tray on my office table. About half of the guys in our department were smokers. But in the new millennium smoking has been banned in closed areas particularly in the workplace. I guess this is a nice move for the convenience of the general public who do not smoke because as they say second hand smoke is a health issue.

Drinking alcoholic and intoxicating drinks is prohibited in the workplace. This is based on common sense so there is no need for explanation. But sometimes I see a news report of employees being terminated for drinking in the workplace. I wonder why they still violate a simple regulation. I sometimes think that smoking and drinking are vices that do not need to be prohibited but culture should dictate that it is prohibited in public places. What is your take on smoking and drinking in the workplace?
Before now many things that use to happen in the office are no longer allow due to the technology age and things had changes.
In the office now a days many innovation had been apply and people are get more knowledge about what use to cause problem and the way out.