Vices are acquired by influence of other people

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was young I learned smoking when my friends introduced me to the cigarette. That’s also the influence that gave me the first taste of whiskey. Fortunately I had an aversion to illegal drugs so I defended myself from that influence. I had been a smoker for more than 30 years because it is an addiction.

With alcoholic drinks it was not much for me but my brother became alcoholic. He died of an ailment related to excessive drinking. Those unfortunate event would not have happened if we have been with good friends who have no vices. I believe in the saying that “show me your friends and I will know what you are.” When there are no friends with vices then there will be no bad influence.

IamDozzy

I strongly agree with your assertions that social vices are a result of negative influences. A typical example is peer pressure in the lives of teenagers. Most teenagers in a bid to impress their peers and be seen as part of the cool ones engage is a manner of vices like dinking alcoholic drinks in excess, smoking, womanizing and lots more so as to keep up with the expectations of their peers. Once teenagers know how to handle peer pressure then they can be free from all manner of social vices.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
When I was young I learned smoking when my friends introduced me to the cigarette. That’s also the influence that gave me the first taste of whiskey. Fortunately I had an aversion to illegal drugs so I defended myself from that influence. I had been a smoker for more than 30 years because it is an addiction.

With alcoholic drinks it was not much for me but my brother became alcoholic. He died of an ailment related to excessive drinking. Those unfortunate event would not have happened if we have been with good friends who have no vices. I believe in the saying that “show me your friends and I will know what you are.” When there are no friends with vices then there will be no bad influence.
Bad influence has sent a lot of people to their early grave, a lot was that of peer pressure but I love myself. I hardly allow the influences from any quarters to affect me. Bad vices have never helped anyone so I know this and I try to keep away from them

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
No Truth that can be said again as this is just what so many people need to hear, especially now that a lot of young guys are trying to be among their peers who are into these vices. I am also trying my best to make productive use of my youth age and only associate with other young people who have this mindset, so that I won't regret in future.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
a lot of young guys are trying to be among their peers who are into these vices.
That is true that young people always learn vices from the influence of their friends. Is is a sad fact but that is happening all the time. I learned smoking at age 16 when a friend taught me how to light up a cigarette. And later there was the fad that you are not cool if you do not smoke. It's like smoking can make me a real man.