General insurance Urban Self-Employed Social Health Insurance Programme

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
This topics I want to use it to explain the more about one of the topics I have made here before so that people may get more clarification as to one question that @btaliat asked.

This a non- profit health insurance programme that covers groups of individuals with common economic activities, which is run by its members. Individuals who are members if socially cohesive groups, which are occupation based, are free to join the programme.

HEALTH CARE BENEFITS
The Health Care Benefits will be chosen by the participants based on their health needs.

CONTRIBUTION
This will be paid as a flat rate, monthly, by participants.
This contribution rate will depend on the health package chosen by members of the User Group.

ADMINISTRATION
A seven-member Board of Trustees elected from among the members, i.e. chairman, secretary, treasurer and four others, will manage the funds and run the User Group formed . Each component Association is to be represented on the board.

HOW CAN THIS PROGRAMME WORKS
A prospective participant .must be a member of an already existing association. It is this association together with others that would come together yo form a User Group.
There must be a membership of at least 500 participants for each User Group to ensure adequate pooling of resources.
The User Group will elect its Board of Trustees who will administer it, and also set up Quality Assurance and Health Education Committees. Each contributor will be given an identity card with which he/she will obtain health care from the chosen Health Care Provider (Public or Private), after a specified waiting period.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Thanks for the clarification and I believe this works just like the rural one as well. The only sad thing about this program is that it is not that common in my area. I know it will be easier to run because it involves many people contributing for the premium.

Jamoflondon

Verified member
I think any health insurance gotten in the urban will be more effective compared to the one gotten at the rural, because it can be classified as the city part of the country. So you don’t expect the insurer to reluctant in their job because the insured also stays in the urban area as them