Top ways to help a lazy worker

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The truth is that in a place of work or in a business you would encounter some lazy workers. But they might be sound in other areas but lazy with their jobs. It is not always about firing them, when you are not sure how good the next person would be. If you want to help them outgrow their laziness you can do the following

• Provide incentives that is outside the salary
  • Have a sit and talk moment with the worker
  • Give a task with a reasonable time frame for it to be done
  • Provide all the necessary tools that will assist with work to remove the challenges encountered
  • Find out the cause of the laziness and address it
What’s your thought?

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Lol! How many companies would want to wait to change a lazy to a hard-working person.?! You have to realise that companies or firms are not schools to teach a lazy person how to be industrious. You have to be a hard working before going to start a job, if not the may risk being sacked. This is not even possible in my country, where there are so many unemployed people.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Lol! How many companies would want to wait to change a lazy to a hard-working person.?! You have to realise that companies or firms are not schools to teach a lazy person how to be industrious. You have to be a hard working before going to start a job, if not the may risk being sacked. This is not even possible in my country, where there are so many unemployed people.
This is why companies keep spending huge sum of money recruiting year in year out. As I stated if a worker have other things to offer and it just being lazy with work. Instead of just. Sacking and waiting to start the recruitment process again why don't you pep them up. Some people can do better with encouragement. It better to try helping first than outrightly firing

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
This is why companies keep spending huge sum of money recruiting year in year out. As I stated if a worker have other things to offer and it just being lazy with work. Instead of just. Sacking and waiting to start the recruitment process again why don't you pep them up. Some people can do better with encouragement. It better to try helping first than outrightly firing
I get your point bro.....But we should face the reality here. The only thing a normal company can do for you is, put you under training for a week or more, to make you settle in, and for you to get along with your job there, at the company. Now, to be able to do your job very well without being lazy, is left to the person.

Sammyesx

Most firm will not tolerate a lazy worker, for the fact that the worker is been paid his or her salary as at when due is enough motivation such person to become hard working, unless probably the worker was once very hardworking and productive and suddenly became lazy for some reason will it be advisable for a firm to device ways to help such worker.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Most firm will not tolerate a lazy worker, for the fact that the worker is been paid his or her salary as at when due is enough motivation such person to become hard working, unless probably the worker was once very hardworking and productive and suddenly became lazy for some reason will it be advisable for a firm to device ways to help such worker.
You are on point bro....No company will tolerate a lazy worker indeed. Unless if you derive some special affection from the boss, or maybe the worker was once so active and hard-working, and probably because one thing or the other he/she is loosing concentration on the job, not even lazy. Then we can suggest something like that.

D

Deleted member 28127

The majority problem of company that they always requires experience in CV for example I need ReactJS devellopper for 5 years experience and to be hired you have to collect 5 years experience hardly by working various company before being hired in this company, I know that web devellopper is not a slot machine that can coding every day for same rythme so for example some days you feel yourself tired if there are consecutive projects so you can have the right to get some vacations days to have less stress. About lazy worker or hard worker employer want the task to be finished so if you accomplish 70 % of work the mission can go from you to your collegue but if you achieve 30 % of work then it is proof of lazy worker and if you achieve it totally you get a prime.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
You are on point bro....No company will tolerate a lazy worker indeed. Unless if you derive some special affection from the boss, or maybe the worker was once so active and hard-working, and probably because one thing or the other he/she is loosing concentration on the job, not even lazy. Then we can suggest something like that.
The truth is that laziness can stem from anywhere.i have making a general statement be it for a new or an existing staff that have become lazy. A manager should be a motivator and seeks ways to inspire his workers to work when a worker isn't putting in the needed work. Remember it wouldn't be the staff isn't working at all. The staff might not just be meeting his own quota of work

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
The truth is that laziness can stem from anywhere.i have making a general statement be it for a new or an existing staff that have become lazy. A manager should be a motivator and seeks ways to inspire his workers to work when a worker isn't putting in the needed work. Remember it wouldn't be the staff isn't working at all. The staff might not just be meeting his own quota of work
That's why I said that a standard company can't get you fixated in a wrong position that you will flop. That's why you will undergo some professional training pertaining to your position in the company. If you are given 3 weeks training for you to settle in your position, definitely you will be good. After that, you have to be hardworking, not being lazy.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
That's why I said that a standard company can't get you fixated in a wrong position that you will flop. That's why you will undergo some professional training pertaining to your position in the company. If you are given 3 weeks training for you to settle in your position, definitely you will be good. After that, you have to be hardworking, not being lazy.
Well this might be what is expected but in reality it doesn’t play out this way. A staff might be given the needed training to settle in which might just be the tradition of the company with new employees. But this might not necessarily means that the staff will meet the quota of job assigned. This might be due to the staff laziness. So something might be done to pep such a worker up

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I don't think incentives can help a lazy worker. I have experienced hiring a friend who is lazy. The motivation for him is in praising him for the good job. Based on my observation he works well when he is lauded for a job well done. He also comes in earlier at work and performs efficiently.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I'll be the last human being on earth to encourage a lazy with an incentive just to ease him. He'll still be lazy enough when the incentive isn't coming as supposed. Companies or businesses strive for the best no one encourages a lazy man in any way to work hard by offering incentive to motivate the lazy workers. That will slow down your business cos the input is affected which only attract your employees is just money.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I don't think incentives can help a lazy worker. I have experienced hiring a friend who is lazy. The motivation for him is in praising him for the good job. Based on my observation he works well when he is lauded for a job well done. He also comes in earlier at work and performs efficiently.
This is why there are different ways in dealing with a situation. His was about praises but another can be about incentives. So it doesn’t make the point about giving incentives invalid. But the good thing is that you had identified what keeps him away from laziness and used it as a weapon than outrightly sacking him

Setho

VIP Contributor
The best way that you can actually help a lazy worker is to make them to contribute more to the company. You can actually achieve this by always giving them task that I should complete on time and maybe after completing it then you can give them a little tip or a reward. This will make them to develop time management skills.