The supermarket with a free ride home for customers

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This topic is a lesson in marketing. A new supermarket in out suburban town had a difficult time in getting customers because the area has several supermarkets already. This one called Super 8 thought of a good marketing approach. They are giving a free ride home to the customer via a tricycle. That vehicle is a motorcycle with a side car that can ferry 2 passengers within a 3-kilometer limit.

The promo hit the airwaves that customers started to come to test the free ride home. Indeed it was so and in a matter of weeks the cashier counter in the supermarket was having a long line of shoppers. That was more than 5 years ago and until now that free ride home is still persisting to the delight of the customers.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
It happens in my country here too especially with super stores and supermarkets. But this is only for customers that have bought tons of products from the store. Anyway, it is a great marketing strategy that will lure more customers to the business to enjoy this jolly ride home always after a purchase

Mika

VIP Contributor
That's a great marketing gimmick. In the town where my parents live, grain milling mills offer free transportation for people who want to bill their grains. You just have to give them a call. They will come to your house to collect grain, take the grain to the mill, process the grain, and then bring the grain to your doorstep.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
This is the best method to glue your customers attention to yourself alone. If you relief your customers of going through the headaches of having to get transportion to transport their goods to their shops, then you are like a demi God to them lol

D

Deleted member 28127

Most of restaurants and coffees and shops are now involved in transportation because majority of people have no time to go into this shop or restaurant or supermarket and order free delivery by phone, it increases sales and also you will be risk free because be with many people can be a fatal cause of infection of Covid 19, so sanitary measures have involved more transportation.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
This is a very innovative strategy to get a lot of customers. competition really brings out the best in people and businesses generally and that has made them to come up with this offer which will eventually make them to be above their competitors. I will personally choose this particular supermarket over others for this particular offer alone.

Setho

VIP Contributor
Inasmuch as this is a very good marketing strategy and one that is going to be an instant hit want to figure out how to sustain it it is not one that I am going to employ in my business. I might actually do it but it is going to be for customers who purchase goods of up to a certain amount..