Have You Ever Managed A Supermarket Business? How Was The Experience?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Running a supermarket is not that easy. I have been to supermarket and I have noticed that they have employed several people, including security staff that roams here and there and they also have walkie-talkie with them. You must also hire manager who takes care of your goods and manages the business for you. If you are running a supermarket on large scale then you must also hire an assistant manager. Moreover, you must also have to deal with daily expenses that incur regularly. There are some supermarkets in my area and they are quite well-build. This suggests that in some cases you must also make your store look like a clean and professionally managed store as compared to some local stores found in my city. Have you ever had any such experience of managing supermarket business?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I never managed a supermarket before, at least majority of users here have a clue on how to manage the big supermarket successfully without experiencing issues of financial reductions. You just have to be careful managing the big supermarket. You aren't allowed to make friends around the supermarket cos it will cause distraction that might make things to be misplaced and you enter into trouble.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I have never worked in any supermarket before of any kind but I have friends who I've had one or two things to do with it before. They often complain that it is either they are under staffed or they are always having a lot of things to deal with in the place.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I had a short stint of working in a convenience store in the US. One of my duties was to refill the shelves. In doing that I had to check the products for possible defects. You can imagine the big number of products and the types. The manager would always assist me in my duties on the products. We also do a draft of inventory check (estimates only). A grocery business is not easy to operate.