The proper way of giving product samples

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In one supermarket I saw the promo girls distributing shampoo packets to all those entering the supermarket. One time in our home, there was a knock to inquire if there is a senior in our home. They gave us samples of milk products.

Comparing the 2 marketing with sample products, it is obvious that the house to house marketing is more direct because they are assured of the receiver of their samples. In the shampoo, I got a sample (actually they gave me 2 sachets) but I don’t use shampoo. I know there are people like me. It is right to say that when giving away samples be sure of the receiver. To whom would you give samples of laundry soap or dish washing soap? To the women of course.

This might be a good marketing campaign if it is been done well and if you are giving away the right amount of product. It is very important that you have done a research and you are sure that the products are ones that are likely to be likeable if not it will be highly possible that you are just wasting your products and people will not buy.