The Many Benefits of Chamomile Tea

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
Chamomile tea is a great way to relax and unwind, and it's also a healthy alternative to other herbal teas. Chamomile tea comes in a variety of forms from traditional black tea to herbal infusions and it can be brewed as hot or cold as you prefer.

There are many benefits of drinking chamomile tea, including:

1) It's good for your digestion. Chamomile has anti-inflammatory properties that can help ease digestive discomfort.

2) It helps with insomnia. Chamomile has calming effects that may help you sleep better at night.

3) It's good for stress relief. Chamomile has calming effects that may help reduce stress and improve moods.

4) It can be used as an antiseptic Chamomile is soothing on skin rashes and cuts, making it an effective treatment option when other treatments aren't working well enough.

5) Chamomile has antioxidant compounds. Your immune system will be strengthened as they combat inflammation. Your blood sugar levels will also drop, which will lower your chance of heart disease or a stroke.

cmoneyspinner

I learned about chamomile tea from my late husband. I always drank coffee but he liked various herbal teas. This is a true story. One morning I got up for work and there was no coffee. I wanted something hot to drink so I brewed a cup of chamomile tea ... thinking it was just regular old caffeinated Lipton tea ... drank it, and went to work. The entire morning I was like ... in slow motion. I couldn't understand why, (???) I got a cup of coffee from the break room at work and that perked me up! When I got home I took a look at the tea box. That was when I realized that chamomile tea is what you drink when you're winding down and getting ready to go to sleep. I NEVER drink chamomile tea in the morning any more. LOL.

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
I learned about chamomile tea from my late husband. I always drank coffee but he liked various herbal teas. This is a true story. One morning I got up for work and there was no coffee. I wanted something hot to drink so I brewed a cup of chamomile tea ... thinking it was just regular old caffeinated Lipton tea ... drank it, and went to work. The entire morning I was like ... in slow motion. I couldn't understand why, (???) I got a cup of coffee from the break room at work and that perked me up! When I got home I took a look at the tea box. That was when I realized that chamomile tea is what you drink when you're winding down and getting ready to go to sleep. I NEVER drink chamomile tea in the morning any more. LOL.
Funny... I haven't tried Chamomile tea yet. so I just share the benefits of this tea just in case this can be helpful for someone.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
It is true that chamomile tea is very healthy and I agree with all the health benefits of it you mention in your nice thread. As far as I am concerned, I never drink coffee. I only drink herbal teas. Perhaps I have tried every herbal tea on this planet and I have to say that chamomile tea is the healthiest of all herbal teas and it is ideal for those who have very sensitive stomach. You can consume it daily without any problem. Thank you very much for your informative post.

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
It is true that chamomile tea is very healthy and I agree with all the health benefits of it you mention in your nice thread. As far as I am concerned, I never drink coffee. I only drink herbal teas. Perhaps I have tried every herbal tea on this planet and I have to say that chamomile tea is the healthiest of all herbal teas and it is ideal for those who have very sensitive stomach. You can consume it daily without any problem. Thank you very much for your informative post.
You dislike coffee Really? I've just tried one herbal tea in my life which is ginger tea.