The issue of stay-in workers (mostly in factories) – they are charged for lodging

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This topic is a lesson in proper management of factories and some offices that provide their workers lodging. It is common in factories to hire workers from the rural areas because they accept low wages. Those workers cannot travel from their home to the work place so a stay-in arrangement is the best.

However, some factories were complained of the issue of charging their workers for the lodging. One alibi is that the charge is actually for board and lodging because the stay-in workers also buy their food from the kitchen of the factory. I learned in the news report that charging a stay-in worker for lodging is illegal. A complaint about the charge can cause suspension of the business permit. To be frank, I know of some factories that are charging their stay-in workers for lodging.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
What's now the essence of providing them with accommodation when you still charge them. Although it is common in my country too but it is wickedness. You deny them of their freedom and you are still asking them to pay for being denied many of their freedom. The capitalists are fond of misusing their workers no wonder Marxist always against them.