The importance of the company uniform

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Bank employees here here have their prescribed uniform that they have to wear every working day, that is Monday to Friday. The HR officer would issue a memo that employees who are not wearing uniform can be barred from entering the office or be sent to the HR for an explanation.

The concept for the regulation on the uniform is part of the marketing of the company. Think of a bank employee taking the bus. The passengers would see the uniform with the logo of the bank. In their subconscious the bank would be noticed and probably an image will be painted in their minds. If everyday those passengers would see a bank employee in uniform then that is like having a free advertising. I had worked in a bank for more than 10 years so I know about the uniform.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Apart from the police and some other professions like law, there is no uniform for most jobs in my country. Though there are many advantages of wearing uniform but the disadvantage is many. For instance, uniform may be exposing the workers to danger. In my country, kidnapping is rampant these days, so wearing uniform may expose these workers to such dangers.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Making your employees wear uniform is also a great way to brand your company as you rightly suggested. Your workers might look unique whenever they travel while coming to work or going back home. Uniforms make your workers distinct and they look like a single force. There might be some disadvantages of wearing uniforms. For example, most of the time company have to bear the expense when it comes to making and giving uniforms to workers.