The essentials in the medicine cabinet at home

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I grew up in a culture where the medicine cabinet is a standard in homes. What I remember in our medicine cabinet at home was the bottle of aspirin which my mother said is very important for us kids. When we have a fever it is always the aspirin that made us well. I don't remember having paracetamol during my student years. There's also the small bottle of tincture of iodine for treating wounds. A pack of cotton, the bandage and the band-aid for cuts. There were lotion and ointment for specific purposes like the vaporub for insect bites that until now we still have that in our home. The vaporub ointment soothes the skin with mosquito bite.

In this modern time where every district of community has a drug store it seems that the medicine cabinet is not that very essential anymore. You can video chat with a doctor and the prescription can be sent to your phone. The nearby drug store will honor the digital prescription so there is no need to stock up on medicines at home.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I always think that having a first aid box is one of the most important things at home because you may need it at any time. There are many other essential medical items that are always required at home. W also keep certain kinds of medicines at home. for example, certain drugs such as paracentamol, ointments, balms, bandages, and ear drops are some of those medicines that we always need to have. We store most of these medical items in the refrigerator. In many cases, we also store cholesterol medicines and blood pressure medicines at home because some of our family members are having blood pressure problems. In such kind of cases, we always need to be prepared.

First aid boxes are some of those things that are also found in many workplaces because no one knows when we may need them. Apart from that, it is always a good idea to have some extra medicines at home. We also keep ENO sachets at home because anytime at night you may feel acidity or digestive system issues and you may need them. Other drugs that treat nausea should also be present all the time in case you feel nausea and sick. It is better to be prepared for such things.