The effects of air pollution

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Air pollution is the act of polluting the air with some harmful substances. Just Incase you do not know, this affect a lot of things beyond your imagination. And some of the causes of this type of pollution are the fumes that mostly comes out from the big factories around us, the flames that comes out from the refuse we burn and the likes.

What most of us do not know is that these things that we underestimate do have their bad effect to our health but we are ignorant about it and this is killing people almost everyday.

Here are some of the effects of air pollution to our health and surroundings.

1. It causes respiratory problems
2. It damages the ozone layer

1. It causes respiratory problems: Most of these flames that generates to our surroundings pollutes our body system by breathing it in, medically it causes some damages to the heart by inhaling it which usually causes problem either now or later in the future.

2. It damages the ozone layer: The flames of generators, factory air waste and the rest shows in a moment and then disappear later after few minutes, most of us do not care to ever wonder where they go, they disappear into the thin air and somehow affect the atmosphere.

The bad effect of smog on our body is the potential damage to the lungs. Before the pandemic when we visited Beijing, China, we saw some people who were wearing face mask. At first I thought it was due to the cold weather which was nearing zero degree C. But someone said that the face mask is for protection against the air pollution. Constant exposure to air pollution may weaken our lungs and some people can have emphysema which is the shrinkage of the lungs that would bring agony to the patient. I know of several people who died of emphysema and 1 victim is my cousin who died just a few months ago.

My take on the air pollution is the smoke emission of the vehicles and of the generators. If we can stop using gasoline and diesel then we can probably stop the air pollution that can give us cleaner air. But from the looks of it the air is getting worse as years go by because of the growing number of vehicles that are using gasoline and diesel for the fuel.