The advantage of working in civil service over private sector.

Etini

Valued Contributor
The Britannica dictionary defines civil service as "the body of government officials who are employed in civil occupations that are neither political nor judicial. If you work for the civil service, you are employed and paid by the government.

The Private sector is a part of the economy owned, run, and controlled by individuals. If you work in the private sector, you are working for an organization owned by an individual just like you.

In my place, most people would do anything to secure a civil service job. The number one reason for this is that civil service jobs are pensionable. They receive pensions till they die. The second reason is that civil service jobs are not burdensome. The government tried to employ as many people as possible to work in an organization which makes the task of a single worker very easy and almost mundane. Another reason people prefer the civil service is that no one monitor what you do over there. You are allowed to be free after all the government is the boss.

If I have to choose, I would choose civil service.

If i were to choose between working for the government and working in a private sector, i would also choose working for the government. In my country, a lot of people choose working in civil service than working in a p private sector. As a matter of fact, both my parents work in the civil sector. There are a lot of benefits that comes with working for the government and thats why a lot of people struggle to work in the civil service.
People who work fkr the government often receive benefits and usually get a day or two off during holidays and festive periods unlike in the private sector where they can't afford to lose a working day.
Also the government pays far better than private sectors, except if it is a really big company.