Surviving as a business owner in the midst of rival firms.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
Dealing with rival firms as a small business organisation could absolutely be a daunting situation and condition and somehow it can totally distraught and hinder the peaceful coexistence and conduciveness of your business existence. Most rival firms are large-scale business and industries who usually get almost all the recognition and notice from members of the public and sometimes this the large scale businesses and companies may have stayed in existence more than a reasonable amount of years even decades. And so you being a small scale business owner, you may not stand a chance to make expected business profits and income if you should situate your business in the same environment were such large-scale rival firms or business exist, the reasons for this is that your small scale business and a large scale business are basically pursuing one centre of audiences, in other words your business and the other large scale business have one market-size of population to satisfy their needs and wants especially if what your business has to offer is similar to what the other rival firm has to offer as well.

You do not have to meet up with the other business uniqueness, recognizability, and size in order to make expected business income and profit. You can try other marketing strategy to boost your chances of making business profit and income such as: branding your business products, packaging and wrapping your business products, upgrading your business services etc.

Etini

Valued Contributor
The keyword to surviving the vicious terrain of business competition is "creativity". Creativity is that unique experience a consumer gets from your product or service that he can't get anywhere else. It is your critical success factor. That's what would drive customers to you, no matter the competition.

Let me share this experience. I have a barber that has been bathing me for two years going. Another barber set up a new saloon in my street. I decided to try him out, and it ended in tears. I had to go back to my old barber to correct the mistakes in the hair. That was how I returned to my old barber. Meanwhile, this new barber has invested so much in aesthetics, whereas my former barbers shoo are just very modest. In summary, deliver your job well. People would flock to patronise you.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Establishing your business in the midst of rival firms and businesses can totally be a very daunting situation and condition for you to grow. But if you are careful and creative enough you could be able to grow your business while even if it is been established in the midst or in a surrounding filled with opposing and rival firms and businesses. First of all you need to consider other ways of boosting and attracting the attention of your customers and clients which totally involves the use of the internet and social media platforms to advertise as your business products goods and services in order to meet the interest of potential customers and clients who possibly maybe desirous of what your business has to offer.

You can try adopting other marketing strategy like packaging of business products and branding of a business products in order to give a sense of professionalism when individuals patronizes you.