Some of the most popular reasons people change jobs

Holicent

VIP Contributor
There are many reasons why people change jobs. Some of the most popular reasons include:

• A desire to do something different.

• A need for more money.

• An opportunity to move up in your career, or a promotion.

• A desire to work with other people, or with better people than those you currently work with.

• A need for more security at work (for example, if your job is insecure, or if you think it might be).

• You’re bored with what you do now and want more variety or challenge in your work.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Even if I have to change a job , it won't really be for any other reason than to earn more money. Firstly I can only be able to change a job when I need more money or when the current salary I am earning is not enough then in this case I can change it to a better employment opportunities If i have opportunity to do so.

Normally it will be very difficult for me to change a job just because I just want to do any other thing different , I do not see the need for all this drama for myself. I will just focus on what I am doing to earn money as long as it's not stressful to me and as long as I am being paid perfectly..

I can also change a job maybe to establish a business or to engage in my personal establishment that will help me make more money and this will definitely be the reason why I would likely change my job.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
The answer to this question is very simple. People change jobs when they are not being paid enough or when they feel that they are not getting enough recognition for their work.

If you want to motivate your employees, you have to pay them more so that they can live a better life. If you do not pay them well, they will look for another job which pays them well.

If you want your employees to be loyal to your company, then you have to give them more recognition for their work. Many companies do not give enough recognition for their employees’ hard work and this is what makes them unhappy with the company.

So, if you want your employees to be happy and motivated, then pay them well and give them enough recognition for their work.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
I have been able to come in contact with so many people who were able to quit their job previously and from all indication some of them are saying that the jobs they were being asked to do was so stressful compared to the amount of money they were receiving a salary .. So many of them lament that the job did not worth the stress that they have to quit the job and look for other opportunities they could see to make money.

I believe this to be true Because personally I have work with several private organisation here in my location and from what I have seen , it will be very stressful for you to work for some people because you may not have the time to rest. Even though they are paying you but this doesn't mean that you are to work till you are completely stressed. Is not easy at all , this is as a result of bad leadership.

Setho

VIP Contributor
All over the world , we have been experiencing the great resignation which means that there are more people who are leaving their jobs far more than we have ever seen. With the way in which jobs are difficult to come by, you will think that this is not supposed to be happening but there are some reasons in which people usually leave their jobs.

1. Better pay . A good number of people have reported that whenever they change jobs it has almost always come with a better amount of pay. This means that it is easier for you to get a job elsewhere with a better start up pay that for you to negotiate increase in salary.

2. Better working conditions. With the way in which it is possible and easier for you to send money across countries and also travel easily and cheaply, people do not find it hard to quit their job in search for better working conditions in other places .

3. Sensitive environment. The world is much more sensitive than it is ever in history. People are willing to quit their current jobs if it does not match their political opinions or they do not treat them fairly.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Changing jobs is natural because as our needs evolve, their will be a desire to make more money and if our current job is not making us our projected income, it's only natural for us to look the other way, it's important to have another job before you quit what you have, it's not ideal to go jobless just because what you have going on isn't giving you the invite you desire.

Instead work hard at your job or use your off time to work on a business that can replace your income and leave the job as soon as it becomes profitable.

Etini

Valued Contributor
The way things are now, we don't need to lie to ourselves. The major reasons why people would change from one job to another is difference in pay. All other factors that may cause switching jobs can be easily managed. But when a higher pay offer is shown to an employee, it rattles him or her and it takes another level of loyalty for that employee to keep staying with the current organisation.

Any company that doesn't have competitive pay structure would keep on losing it's staff to the ones that offer better pay.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I used to work in an agency but I left the job and started working full time online. Why did I do that? Well, I was looking for flexible working hours, freedom to choose my own jobs, and making more money. One of the most common reasons for changing job is for better income opportunity and better working environment. I know some people who switched jobs because they were not treated well in their workplace. A lot of people change jobs when they are discriminated in the workplace.