Should You Receive Your Salary Through Checks?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
There was a time when people used to receive their salaries through cash payments. There are still many companies that pay people through cash. However, those are just a few companies. Cheques were considered a great method to receive salaries. However, this end ed a few years ago. A few businesses still pay their employees through cheques even today, but I think that the number of those business might be too small.

Majority of the big businesses today require the employee to have a bank account where the salary payments are transferred. This is actually quite funny! Do you know why? Last year I got a job at a firm and the monthly salary they offered was just $100 per month! They required their employees to have a bank account! Can you just imagine that! Why would I create a whole bank account for receiving such a low amount of money!

They were forcing me to create a bank account as if they wanted to transfer thousands of dollars into my account! They could have simply used a piece of paper (cheque) to pay me! Therefore, I believe that cheques are still relevant today, especially if you have a really low amount of salary. What do you think?

anil02

Verified member
I am doing any job so I am not getting salary but getting salary vis check is old fashion at present more of employers are paying salary vis direct transfer. Employers may be of private sector and government sector. It is possible that peoples who are running small shops or business may be paying salary using checks or cash.

Suba

Staff member
Payroll is the right of every employee, and there are many ways of paying according to what is written in your thread, such as cash, checks and bank transfers. Payment of salaries by cash and check is used by small companies with no more than 25 employees. and all allowances such as food allowance, transport, insurance, income tax, must be calculated manually. Currently, many companies have implemented a bank payroll system. where the employee's salary will be transferred via the same bank as the company's. Why? because the payment process using bank payroll will be fast. Calculation of total employee income in the form of basic salary, overtime pay, transportation allowance, minus insurance costs and income tax will be calculated automatically.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
That's not really a problem . Normally it is believed that if you are interested to work for any organisation you should rather have a bank account . No matter the salary that will be paid to you it will be made through bank transfer and I consider it to be one of the best way of paying.

Paying or receiving of salary as a cheque to me is just an olden way of receiving payment and is no longer applicable nowadays because of technology and not only that and for security purposes also. .

So many people after receiving their salaries physically they might even spend it beyond what they expected to because the money is with them and they'll be tempted to use it to buy so many other things whereas if the money was inside your bank you may feel so reluctant to use it the way you like.

King bell

VIP Contributor
There are pros and cons to receiving a salary through checks. On one hand, you have the security of knowing that your check will clear and that you will be paid on time. On the other hand, you may have to pay fees for cashing the check, and you may not have access to your money right away.

If you are considering whether or not to receive your salary through checks, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, consider how often you will be paid. If you are paid weekly, you may not want to wait for your check to clear before you have access to your money. Second, think about how you will cash the check. If you do not have a bank account, you may have to pay fees to cash the check. Finally, consider how you want to receive your money. If you need access to your money right away, you may want to consider another option.

anil02

Verified member
It is time of digital banking and most of employees are using it. It is fast and easy than old system of making payment via check or cash. Private sector employees are paying via bank transfer or check and government is paying online payment direct in the bank account of employees.

Nite

Valued Contributor
One of my cousins while working in a job payroll, they used to do this. The reason for the company to pay in cheque was that if the employee did not return the company's property if he/she had any, or if the employee left without working their notice period then it was easier for the company to do a last minute change if the employee's payment was made by a cheque. We all know it is a bit outdated way of doing things nowadays, but that is the probable reason for paying in cheques. Nowadays, mostly people who work for small employers are typically paid by the cheque. And for those people who does not have a bank account, they often get pay cards which have the similar direct deposit, but it usually involves fees when removing the money from the card. Sometimes employees also prefer to receive income in cheques because of various reasons.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
The check is a risky way to get salary especially if the owner doesn't have sufficent funds to pay you then you will pass by complicated way to get the money and even pay a lawyer for such cases as many are paying checks with empty bank accounts then run out to another country by any way, even to pay salary or merchandise or anything in this life.