Should startup or business ideas always be a solution for a problem? Or copy and make better?

D

Deleted member 13140

Well I don't have much answer to this, so if anyone would mind explaining further.

So for me, the problem is demand, not just want, need or desire.

Okay haha, let me use this example I saw somewhere.
People were living nicely, till Google came along and invented Google market place, Then SEO came along, then you have small businesses, Who are now having problem with SEO on a daily basis.

As you can see the problem was man made and I'll very much love to Add that it's still in demand (SEO)

Before Amazon even came along, they were book stores, even before Starbucks, coffee shops were there, well for most countries.

So the point is that as a good business person you should raise the bar, steal ideas and businesses and modify it for better and to be more profitable.

You can copy ideas and remake them, I forgot who actually invented Alto. (PALO Alto)
But someone else I think named Steve copied the idea and made it into McIntosh.
And now the other company doesn't make computers

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
No one is an embodiment of knowledge, there is no crime in copying strategy for the improvement of your investment. Great companies today,, borrow business ideas from then existing ones. The newly created ones modify the existing ideas with touch of creativity to arrive at the new product. When you borrow ideas from existing conglomerates, you are doing yourself a great favour.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
If you really wants to make headway in the business, you should always look for a problem a lot of people are facing then create a solution around the problem. If you do this you're going to make a lot of money for yourself and the investors. copying and make better create more competition. Why fighting for crumbles when you can make a better one for yourself.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I totally agree with you on this, the real similarity between offline business and online business is the timing. And to be honest, timing is more important in an online business because to make profit on any online business, it takes time.
The investment part alone takes time to yield profit for the investor. Any online business that doesn’t regard time are usually scam