Should i come back to Nigeria to get a job after schooling in U.K.?

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
We all know the current situation of things in Nigeria as touching the economy and as it affects somany graduate who are littering the street currently, infact the unemploymentis major challenge in Nigeria, and there another problem that is strongly associated to this unemployment issues as some graduate too are highly unemployable. The country is faced with myriad of problems, and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight to the numerous number of problems as it seems like all the complaints of the people we falling on the ears of a government that is insensitive to the plight of her citizens.

Despite the series of campaign that the people has staged to showcase their displeasure as to the way the affairs of the nation is been piloted, rather than get a positive response from the leaders the people are been visited with more mayhem. And now am just considering that if I eventually have the opportunity to go and study in the United kingdom should I return back to Nigeria to get a job or should i stay back in the United kingdom as there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel if we are still going to continue with this same set of recycled leaders.

What's your take please? , some are saying I should come back and work for the betterment of my country.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I have never attached success with a country. People are making it big in Nigeria despite the current situation. They only have determination that no matter the condition, they will be self made. They always see opportunities in any problems. Bad leaders to them means another opportunity to make it big. People may be in the UK without making it. So, it all depends on your way of viewing success. If you believe, success comes through hardship, Nigeria is better and if you think good platforms aids success, then you can stay back in the UK.

Kingstone

If you are coming to work here in Nigeria with your certificate, please just stay put there. There is no clear future working with a certificate in Nigeria as there are no jobs here. If you get a job, they will be paying peanuts that will not cater to your needs. But if you are looking to start a business with the education and formal training you got there, there is no problem.
As for me, if I get the chance to be there, there is no going back until God knows when. The leaders are the same now and will be the same forever.

funmi

Verified member
Please don't dare or try it! It is a no no for me. Schooling in UK should have exposed you to some benefits and opportunities that are rear to find in Nigeria. No oil company in Nigeria will pay you well as to what you will gain in the UK.
If I get an opportunity of going to study abroad, I will not back to to look for any job here.
The only thing that can make me to advice you to come back is if your father is a big and well known politician or a senetor. He can easily fix you up anywhere you want to work. Then you are welcome

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
In our country, there is a great regard for foreign degrees. If you are UK, US, or Australia graduate, you will be immediately posted in high paying job provided you have good grades. However, a lot of people who travel to Europe and America for study do not comeback because of what they say low paying jobs. The foreign graduates get good salary according to the country standard, yet it is low compared to what these people might be earning in Europe or America. Every year millions of dollars are being sent to foreign counties in the name of foreign studies.