Savings Vs. Investment: Which Is Better?

Maks25

There are different kinds of arguments in the financial world that gurus and laypeople like to engage themselves in. On a national scale, some question the devaluation of currencies to help improve the economy in the long run. On a personal scale, some argue about the wisdom in purchasing a particular stock. A few others discuss the power of compound interest. However, among all the different kinds of arguments, one of the most popular is that of savings vs. investment.

For as long as we care to remember, people have always wondered whether or not it is a better idea to save your money instead of investing it. While some would argue that you should indeed keep your cash in the bank, others will say it is an absolute waste of time. But, which of these schools of thought actually holds water considering the current economic situation? In a battle of savings vs. investment, which financial decision comes out on top?

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
When you save your money it doesn't bring you profit. It stayed there in your bank account, under your pillow, in your piggy bank anywhere you put it... it will there adding no value but with the same value. But when you invest your money it's a form of saving your money but in a way it brings you profit irrespective of the kind of investment you are going into be it long-term or short-term investments investment still will bring you money and that is if you invest wisely. You can invest your money into cryptocurrencies that is an example of a short-term investment. You can invest your money in building houses for rent that is an example of a long-term investment. But any kind of investment you want to go into always make sure you do proper market survey, get to know if the business is a seasonal one you have to look before you leap but if saving suits you better and save your money.

Maks25

When you save your money it doesn't bring you profit. It stayed there in your bank account, under your pillow, in your piggy bank anywhere you put it... it will there adding no value but with the same value. But when you invest your money it's a form of saving your money but in a way it brings you profit irrespective of the kind of investment you are going into be it long-term or short-term investments investment still will bring you money and that is if you invest wisely. You can invest your money into cryptocurrencies that is an example of a short-term investment. You can invest your money in building houses for rent that is an example of a long-term investment. But any kind of investment you want to go into always make sure you do proper market survey, get to know if the business is a seasonal one you have to look before you leap but if saving suits you better and save your money.
INVESTMENT IS BETTER ONLY WHEN YOU'RE SURE IF THE GAINS . IF NOT , THEN JUST SAFE AND MEET YOUR TARGET
Meanwhile investments is better buh for investment security
i cant say much about that
that moment you see your stocks going down like the naira
both are good.
save for the rainy day
invest for a guaranteed tomorrow

do both at the right time. if you have money and no good investment to make save it. and if you have money and there's a good investment out there INVEST!

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
INVESTMENT IS BETTER ONLY WHEN YOU'RE SURE IF THE GAINS . IF NOT , THEN JUST SAFE AND MEET YOUR TARGET
Meanwhile investments is better buh for investment security
i cant say much about that
that moment you see your stocks going down like the naira
both are good.
save for the rainy day
invest for a guaranteed tomorrow

do both at the right time. if you have money and no good investment to make save it. and if you have money and there's a good investment out there INVEST!
Like I said earlier you must always look before you leap. I do not advise anyone to go into investment without doing proper market survey I said that earlier. When you invest you are saving for tomorrow... so for that reason you must invest wisely for a secued future.... investment is another form of savings but it's for the future and about the fall currency it's inevitable in investments not to witness something like that. Investment into company stock land and property, transportation ,clothing line (well known ones)and farming is a kind of investment whereby you will never lose but even if you lose it will be a minimum and there is many percent assurance that you will pick up again. But investment into betting,forex are a kind of investment that I will never advise as their risk is too high

Finger Geek

Verified member
You are right when we save our money it doesn't yield any profit other than the yearly 5 percent the bank will give. That 5 percent is too small to earn.
But when we invest with the money. The money will grow. There are many businesses to invest our money with. Like trading with forex and crypto currency. They are both the easiest and the most secure ways to invest in our money only if we understand how to trade and not greedy. I have seen many people that make huge money trading.

D

Deleted member 28873

Saving is the act of putting away money for a
future expense or need. When you choose to save
money, you want to have the cash available
relatively quickly, perhaps to use immediately.
However, saving can be used for long-term goals
as well, especially when you want to be sure you
have the money at the right time in the future.
Savers typically deposit money in a low-risk bank
account. Those looking to maximize their earnings
should opt for the highest annual percentage yield
(APY) savings account they can find (as long as
they can meet the minimum balance
requirements).
Investing is similar to saving in that you’re putting
away money for the future, except you’re looking to
achieve a higher return in exchange for taking on
more risk. Typical investments include stocks,
bonds, mutual funds and exchange-traded funds, or
ETFs. You’ll use an investment broker or brokerage
account to buy and sell them.
If you’re looking to invest money, you should plan
to keep your funds in the investment for at least
three to five years. Investments can be very volatile
over short periods of time, and you can even lose
money on them. So, it’s important that you only
invest money that you won’t need immediately,
especially within a year or two.

Makah

I would prefer investment to savings any time any day
Investments last longer cos they would keep bringing out profit but your saving will stay in one point and won't increase
But your Investment will keep keep dishing out money for you
There are many kinds of investment though.
I prefer land and housing investment because they will kill appreciating no matter what

Abu4exel

Savings and investment is two different words which the meaning is quite different from each other. Savings is just like you re doing normal bank savings, it could be at home or in banks. Investments as short time and long time benefits, depending on which ever way you want it. But investment is very good for future purposes. A short term investment is the one you invest and within a short period of 6 months you start receiving the reward while long time investment like buying of lands building of house for rents are long time investment which the reward could come after a year or more. So, to me, investments is preferable.

Georgeadawara

Savings and investment are things that are inprotant savings is good but the only thing is that that same money you save will always their without developing or increasing
In terms of investment is best to do because investing with always gives you a new ideas and increase in income to you must billionaire today Don't put more interest in savings but they focus on investing what they have .

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
To be frank, I have to admit that investing money earns a profit than saving money which earns only minimal interest. However, we have to take note of the risk in investing the money especially if it is in trading stocks or forex where you can earn big profit or you can lose big as well. My take is to invest in a safer way.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Well it all depends on people's decision and what they are interested to do. I have come across so many people who are not particularly interested to invest their money in anything because they just believe that every form of investment is a scam. The only believe that the most suitable way to invest their money is to invested in the government Bond or treasury bill but even with this they still do not make progress to invest in this area. Naturally I will suggest that they are just interested to save their money and at least have full control of all their assets .

Some people at the same time really have the interest to invest their money and I am one of them because I don't just like a situation in which my money will just stay in the bank without interest or giving me a certain interest on my savings .

If there is a way I can be able to invest my money I will be able to do it perfectly without any problem , i am just thinking and considered the most suitable cryptocurrency to invest my money because I must also consider cryptocurrency since it is a profitable .

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Both of them are really good , but even if I have to choose between both of them I'll rather go for investment and have a little saving because investment is definitely for long-time purposes while saving might also be for long-term purposes . But there's different.

Another possible advantage of investment over-saving is that through investment , you can generate some interest on your capital but in the other way around you won't likely generate anything and it will even be the other way around if the economy of your country is going down . It is always better for us not to waste our money is saving specially if the money is huge .

People can actually make use of saving capital to start up a business and people can also make use of investment capital to start a business . But with saving you won't have any interest . Through investment you can have some interest in your saving , so probably investment have a lot of advantage over saving in the sense that there is likely to be some percentage increase on your money.

The only possible disadvantage of investment is when you ignorantly invest in bad investment platform .

Shigobad2020

Saving your money and also investing your money bith has its own advantages and disadvantages depending on how you look at it.
In my own point of view starting with the saving aspect , the only way you can get increament with your savings is if your money was fixed in a fixed deposit account , then you should rest assure that there will be increament in your monthly almost every month.
But saving your money in savings account will affect your money from rising and your money will be stagnant and sometimes started declining due to the unecesarry deduction of money from your account every time . Because the banking system is getting worse ever day.

Investment also has its own positive and negative effect , investment most of the time makes your money increases if you invest in the right business, But if you invest in a scam business , you can loose everything in the blink of an eye.