Which is wiser savings or investment?

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
when we the consider the concept of savings we will say savings is what we have left after all deductibles that is when we deduct our expenses (consumption) from our income whatever we have left will be regarded as our savings, although some people are of the opinion that we savings should be deducted immediately from income and the remaining should be for consumption. And investment on the other hand is believed to be a sought of savings that grows or reduces as time passes. So believe savings is fixed while investment changes values with the passage of time.
Which do you consider wiser?

Chibson

VIP Contributor
It is very wise to invest and it is also very wise to save. Like I have commented on your other post that it is not advisable to invest all your money and it is also not advisable to save all your money. A business-minded person we always like to invest Wiley someone who is not business-minded will like to save you for future purposes.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have a big amount of money in the bank right now and it was there for more than 2 years now. The intention is to buy land in the rural area or a lot in the suburbs. But the money is not enough so I am letting it stay in the bank for safety. Investing it might be a cause to lose some. The bank is the best for me.

Setho

VIP Contributor
It depends on actually what you are willing to achieve. If you are saving your money there is a guarantee that you are going to meet that particular value over a long period of time but with an investment then there's no guarantee. I usually prefer to save my money and then jump on every good investment opportunity that i see.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
It's very obvious that investment is better than savings because you will only make the bank rich while you collect penny as interest when you save. Although, it's good to save part of your profit because of rainy days. That's what will bring back your business on the path of progress when their is a setback in your business.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Investment is better in all ramitifications than saving. When we invest, we invest with the view of asking our money to work for us and we will be expecting some returns on those money that we have sent on errands. But when we save, we only save to keep some excess for future use.