Ryan Wyatt, head of gaming at YouTube, will become the CEO of Polygon Studios.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Ryan Wyatt, the head of gaming at YouTube, will depart and become the CEO of Polygon Studios.
"I'm captivated with blockchain app development and am happy to be a part of the Web3 community," Wyatt adds.

Ryan Wyatt, YouTube's head of gaming, said on Tuesday that he would be leaving the video-sharing platform in February. YouTube Gaming has over 250 million daily active users and hundreds of billions of viewing hours each year, thanks in part to his leadership. Wyatt explained his resignation by citing his interest in blockchain and Web3 development. He will shortly become the CEO of Polygon Studios.

Polygon Studios is the gaming and non-fungible tokens (NFTs) division of the layer-two Ethereum scaling network of the same name. Polygon (MATIC) is planning a $100 million investment in projects directed by its subsidiary studio, which launched in July. The company's goals include developing decentralized gaming, attracting blockchain aficionados to its NFT token ecosystem, and establishing Polygon as a capable blockchain for the Web3 transition. Wyatt has this to say about his new role:

"I'll be concentrating on expanding the developer ecosystem through investment, marketing, and developer support, as well as bridging the Web 2.0 and 3.0 divide. I'll be in charge of Polygon Studios' gaming, entertainment, fashion, news, sports, and other divisions."

Wyatt recalled pleasant recollections of his first day at Google's Mountain View, California headquarters in 2014 in his farewell message. He also thanked Susan Wojcicki, the CEO, and Robert Kyncl, the chief business officer, for employing him eight years ago. Meanwhile, Wyatt received a warm welcome to his new post at Polygon Studios.