Revcontent Vs. Taboola

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Revcontent and Taboola are advertising platforms that can be used by publishers to monetize their websites and advertisers to reach new audiences. These platforms have some similarities as well as differences.

The major difference between Revcontent and Taboola is related to content type. Revcontent prefer content that is likely to generate clicks, whereas Taboola allows advertisers to promote a wider range of content types, including news articles, videos, and product pages.

Audience targeting is another feature that differentiate between these two content discovery platforms. With Revcontent you can use different targeting options like geography, device, demographic, as well as content categories. Even though Taboola offers geographic and demographic targeting, the advertising platform focuses more on interest and behaviour based targeting.

Advertisers can run CPC ads Revcontent as well as Taboola, however, Taboola is comparatively affordable than Revcontent.

If you are a publisher you can use these ad platforms to make money, and how much you can earn depends on impression and engagements on ads. However, your website requires substantial amount of traffic to be able to use these ad platforms. You can also use as an advertiser and if you are looking for affordable option, you can choose Taboola over Revcontent. Taboola also offers different kinds of ad formats, which you might find useful.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I cannot use any of these content discovery platforms as a publisher as my websites will not be eligible based on the traffic I have on my site. However, I have tried using these platforms as an advertisers. You will become successful with your advertising campaign with platforms like revcontent and Taboola only when you have content that has the elements of viral content. Your content should also use a lot of images and be formatted as a slide show. If you have 10 paragraphs, you need to create 10 slides with one image.
This will allow you to have multiple page views.