Reasons why your blog isn't making money

allison001

Verified member
So many bloggers find it difficult to make money from their blog.
Why?

1. Your target audience is too broad
The best blog cater to a narrow niche group. If you are aiming wide, you will have a harder time convincing visitors to come back for something only you can offer. Instead try greeting a detailed profile of your ideal customer

2. Your content must be self-centered
Unless you are getting a huge stream of traffic or attracting high paying advertisers, you're not going to any enough from ads revenue alone, rather your WordPress blog is a springboard for other products and services, like tutorial, speaking gigs, consultations, e-books, courses and more. Monetize in a way that makes sense for your audience and content.

3. The blog isn't getting enough traffic
Your block has ads and affiliate link in place, a product ready to sell and killer content, but your work and effort means nothing if nobody sees any of it. The best thing to do is to study up on ways to build traffic, from SEO to social media and evaluate where you may have gone wrong.

With some of this reasons,i think you won't fail to earn from your blog.

D

Deleted member 28127

Your blog is new means this is the first month you create a blog, if you create a blog in January then first income will not be in February but after at least three months means in April, what bloggers do is do not longer blogging in February this is why they do not earn money.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I really like your ideas. I think you made some great points. Audience targeting is the key to get more traffic. I think this could be done by following the right kind of online marketing strategy. Your blog is just like a product. The main question you should ask is: why would I visit your blog? What kind of information do you have to offer that is not offered by anyone else? How could the information on your blog benefit me? What is so unique about your blog? These are some of the important questions you must ask yourself by placing yourself in the shoes of the viewer.

As far as audience targeting is concerned, you could target a specific audience by promoting your blogs in group that are relevant to your blog. For example, if your blog is about health, then you can promote your blog pages in the health section of social media. You may even use low competitive keywords to target specific topics and attract more visitors to your site. Writing articles about current affairs is also a great way to make people visit your site. This is because people like to read latest news.

D

Deleted member 28127

Sometimes you target a specific audience if your direct clients are local clients or websites destined for a local person, not international services by this way you target local people.

leonelepps

So many bloggers find it difficult to make money from their blog.
Why?

1. Your target audience is too broad
The best blog cater to a narrow niche group. If you are aiming wide, you will have a harder time convincing visitors to come back for something only you can offer. Instead try greeting a detailed profile of your ideal customer

2. Your content must be self-centered
Unless you are getting a huge stream of traffic or attracting high paying advertisers, you're not going to any enough from ads revenue alone, rather your WordPress blog is a springboard for other products and services, like tutorial, speaking gigs, consultations, e-books, courses and more. Monetize in a way that makes sense for your audience and content.

3. The blog isn't getting enough traffic
Your block has ads and affiliate link in place, a product ready to sell and killer content, but your work and effort means nothing if nobody sees any of it. The best thing to do is to study up on ways to build traffic, from SEO to social media and evaluate where you may have gone wrong.

With some of this reasons,i think you won't fail to earn from your blog.
Thank you so much for this article.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
I took a shot at blogging some years back and I failed, when I retraced my pace I found out that ninety nine percent of the problem was from me, I will state those problems here so that you can learn from them with the ones the original poster has already posted.

I didn't really do any research, I just started because I heard people are making a lot of money in blogging and this is very wrong, I didn't do any type of market research, I don't even know what audience look like, if you are starting a blog you should have an idea on what your audience are and what they like and then tilt your content to address their needs.

Secondly, I wasn't consistent at all, I think the interval between each post was somewhere between two to three days which is really far for a new blog, as a new blogger consistency is very important because you're at your early stage you have to put in your best and make sure any audience that visit your blog is not bored because of lack of content.

I think if you look into these reasons and the ones the OP had posted you'll be able to change the trajectory of your blog

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Blogging is a very interesting journey and if you have the resources and knowledge needed as a blogger, then on the long run you are probably gonna make a lot of money.

Many people have achieved financial independence as bloggers and of course anyone can actually do it provided you have the proper knowledge. There are so many reasons a lot of people do not actually succeed in blogging and the main reason is because they have been doing a lot of things wrong even though they might have great articles but that alone cannot really make you successful.

There are certain things you must know and bear in mind if you really want to succeed as a blogger.

One of the major reasons a lot of people do not succeed in blogging is because they choose the wrong niches or don't even have any knowledge about niching.

If you want to start a blog and you do not have proper knowledge on the niche that will favour you, then you will probably not succeed because it is self-centeredness.

You should always bear in mind that there are people you are writing something to and not just yourself.
Another main reason why people do not succeed in blogging is because they lack knowledge about keyword research and search engine optimisation.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Traffic is the main reason why you are not making money. I get about 30 thousand monthly visits on my website and make just about $100 (via adsense, adhitz, a-ads, infolinks, and amazon). If my website is able to generate 100 thousand monthly traffic, I would probably make at least $300 per month. So, the key to making money from your blog is traffic. Based on my experience, I can say you need at least 500 daily visits to see 50 cents to $1 daily earning (however, this is not a guaranteed earnng). You need traffic from reputed sites like google, bing, facebook, twitter, pinterest, etc. If your traffic is coming from traffic exchange sites, you will not earn anything.
Sometimes you don't make money even when you are receiving good traffic. That's because your content does not have focused keywords. If you are running a contextual advertising solution like adsnese, you need focused keywords so that relevant ads are shown. When your site displays relevant ads, the chances of getting ad clicks are increased by many times. If you are running CPM ads, you need traffic from tier 1 or at least tier 2 counties. That's because a lot of advertising networks do not recognize traffic from tier 4 and tier 5 countries.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
As listed above there are a lot of reasons why people don't money off their blogs but the major two for me are that some bloggers produced self-centered content. you write content that are only enjoyed by you which doesn't getta huge stream of traffic or attract high paying advertisers. This doesn't bring enough from ads revenue and Will kill the blog. You need to create high content that will interest readers and this will help you. monetize it to make profit

Another issue is that the blog might not be getting enough traffic. Without good traffic you can't make good money from ads placement or affiliate links.