Reasons Why Too Many Ads are Detrimental to Your Site

Mika

VIP Contributor
Running ads is one of the common ways to monetize your site, you can run different types of ads such as network ads, affiliate ads, private ads, sponsored content, etc. If you are running ads, you will have to remember a couple of things, and the most important one is not to use too many ads on your site. Just because you have too many ads on your site does not mean you will earn a lot of money.

Too many ads will make your site look cluttered and this can be a great turn-off to your visitors. People do not like to visit websites showing a lot of ads, especially intrusive ads, and ads that make the web content difficult to access.

You should also avoid using too many banner ads, especially flashy ads. These ads will increase your web page size and interfere with your website's loading speed.

Having too many ads will also make your site difficult to navigate.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
There are actually countless of websites that I stopped visiting because I can't deal with their ads, they were just everywhere and they distract me all the time when I want to read something, it is a news website by the way, I understand that those websites want to make money, but when users are leaving because of too much ads sooner or later the revenue will trickle down.

Moderation is very important in such cases, creating dedicated spaces for ads can help tremendously, because they won't be distracting and users will know before hand where the ads are.

The ads I personally hate the most are the flash ads, they just spoil the whole user experience, because when you click a button trying to get to another page, it will redirect you to an ad page, I can't trust any company that is using those type of ads at all.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Running ads is one of the common ways to monetize your site, you can run different types of ads such as network ads, affiliate ads, private ads, sponsored content, etc. If you are running ads, you will have to remember a couple of things, and the most important one is not to use too many ads on your site. Just because you have too many ads on your site does not mean you will earn a lot of money.

Too many ads will make your site look cluttered and this can be a great turn-off to your visitors. People do not like to visit websites showing a lot of ads, especially intrusive ads, and ads that make the web content difficult to access.

You should also avoid using too many banner ads, especially flashy ads. These ads will increase your web page size and interfere with your website's loading speed.

Having too many ads will also make your site difficult to navigate.

I reckon that having too many sites could both be good and bad for your website. We must also focus on many good aspects as well. Having more and more advertisement will certainly grow your revenue as well. Moreover, if you also post affiliate advertisements as well, then you could also grow your revenue because you will be increasing the chances of growing your affiliate sales as well if you attract hundreds of thousands unique visitors per month. The problem comes only when you are not able to mange those advertisement properly and when your reader/visitors simply cannot deal with excessive advertisement.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Adverts is very important in most platforms as it will help the website owners to make some money through Google adsense but at the same time over displaying of advert on any platform by the website owners is very detrimental to the effective progress of a website because a lot of visitors will not be happy when they experience a lot of annoying adverts especially as they were reading through content.

Adverts should be moderate , easier for users to control and not aggressive that won't go even when you try bringing it down . Such to me is not necessary.