Reasons why people don't want to lend out money.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
People do give various reason why lending out money may be so difficult for them. While some claim they don't have money to spare, other will be giving some flimsy excuses why they cannot give our the money.

Some people do claim that they can't lend money out except the borrower has a very solid source of repaying the money. That's why it is difficult for the set of people to borrow an intending business owners money because they are not sure whether the business will survive or not.

Another set of people will not lend our money because they are always against greatness. They do fear that if they lend out money, there is tendency that the borrower be fortunate that then using the borrowed money. This is sheer jealousy and wickedness in my own opinion.

The last set of people I will talk about are the people that don't really have much truly. They may want to lend out but because they don't have much, they are incapacitated to lend out money to another person.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
As you have stated already that there are various reasons why people don't lend out money. me for one don't like to lend out my money because people csnt be trusted when it comes to money. You lend a friend money and the next thing he or she become your worse enemy why? because you were trying to be helpful.

If I'm to give money to anyone I would have to very sure that you have a source of income it is my hard earned money and no body can to try anything funny with it. Otherwise I will just give you the one that I can dash you and that's it
But the third group of people you mentioned sounds like mean people. they xan lend money to avoid the borrower from progressing. This sounds wrong at all levels.

Cinderella

I don't usually lend out money per se but my offline business seems to work that way. Oftentimes, my customers would just send me a message through text or messenger asking me to transfer fund on a specified account or to pay their bills. However, instead of paying outright or when we see each other at the office, it seldom happens because they need to wait for payday. Oftentimes, it would take more than a month before they could pay me.

There were several instances too, when I lend money to several people but they tend to forget about it. I have many uncollected debts from various people and I don't know if there is still a way of collecting.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I don't usually lend out money per se but my offline business seems to work that way. Oftentimes, my customers would just send me a message through text or messenger asking me to transfer fund on a specified account or to pay their bills. However, instead of paying outright or when we see each other at the office, it seldom happens because they need to wait for payday. Oftentimes, it would take more than a month before they could pay me.

There were several instances too, when I lend money to several people but they tend to forget about it. I have many uncollected debts from various people and I don't know if there is still a way of collecting.
Personally, I don't lend people money except I can afford the money. Most time, some people intentionally want you to forget the money you lend out to them. There was a time I have a diary where I kept the records of people that are owning me and this still didnt help the matter because I am poor at asking people for repayment. This makes people to own me more since they know I won't ask

Cinderella

Personally, I don't lend people money except I can afford the money. Most time, some people intentionally want you to forget the money you lend out to them. There was a time I have a diary where I kept the records of people that are owning me and this still didnt help the matter because I am poor at asking people for repayment. This makes people to own me more since they know I won't ask
That's the problem with other people. They tend to delay repayment of their debts. This of course will cause for my business to suffer. The capital I am using is only limited so I need to collect and have it deposited again to the bank, otherwise, I can no longer transact business because my bank is empty.

I am contemplating of stopping the fund transfer option and bills payment because of this experience. Instead, I will put my money on investment program.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I am afraid of giving out a loan to people because it is difficult for them to pay back the loan they have collected from me,and there is nothing I will do because at the end of the day I will end up spending more money trying to arrest them for me to get back my money, it's not worth the stress for me.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Unless you are a lender and you charge high interest for the loan, common people usually avoid lending. They might give you various reasons such as they do not have, etc. But the common reason, which they might not tell you openly, is they are afraid of losing the money. They prefer to save in banks instead of lending.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In my younger years I was so generous that you do not have to repeat asking me for a loan .As long as I have money to share then I will lend you money. But I was abused and it came to a point that I was losing many friends. They borrowed money and has no intention to pay back. That made me change my policy from generosity to frugality. Now I do not lend money, never again.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
These reasons why people do not lend out money are very true. That point of not wanting someone else to succeed is really wicked. It is best when you believe in people and never feel threatened by their potential. They may even succeed and rise with you because you helped them.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
People do give various reason why lending out money may be so difficult for them. While some claim they don't have money to spare, other will be giving some flimsy excuses why they cannot give our the money.

Some people do claim that they can't lend money out except the borrower has a very solid source of repaying the money. That's why it is difficult for the set of people to borrow an intending business owners money because they are not sure whether the business will survive or not.

Another set of people will not lend our money because they are always against greatness. They do fear that if they lend out money, there is tendency that the borrower be fortunate that then using the borrowed money. This is sheer jealousy and wickedness in my own opinion.

The last set of people I will talk about are the people that don't really have much truly. They may want to lend out but because they don't have much, they are incapacitated to lend out money to another person.
Ha, this your reason about people not wanting to lend out to avoid others from getting right. This is mere.callousness or wickedness.why would anyone think this way then how would we grow as a people. We rise by lifting others I hope people don't do this. It is really bad for everyone

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Some people can be irrational. Some people are not straight forward. I think we have different kinds of people in this world and there some people that can't keep the end of their bargains. That's why I can't lend you money that I can't afford to lose. Because I know if I lend money to a person, the person may not return the money. That's why some people don't lend out.

D

Deleted member 28127

If it is a small loan I can provide loan but if it is a big loan then my budget is not suffisant for big loan. People are saying loan me like for example give money for pay some urgent bills but it must be both side means if I loan you today to pay your bills you loan me tomorrow to pay my bills otherwise if you are just everytime asking for loan and not even pay back totality of money or not paying at all this can be end of friendship however if I loan you today to pay your bills and you loan me tomorrow to pay my bills then I may tolerate little difference of bills even my bills are little smaller than your bills.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor

All what you have said is very correct but we still have many reason. There are some people that will borrowvmoney from you not that they really need that money at that moment but they will just like to oppress you so that they can see something to hold to in other to fight you. And some when they borrow money they will not even pick your phone number again whenever you call them all these can contribute to someone reason not to borrow people money again.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
All what you have said is very correct but we still have many reason. There are some people that will borrowvmoney from you not that they really need that money at that moment but they will just like to oppress you so that they can see something to hold to in other to fight you. And some when they borrow money they will not even pick your phone number again whenever you call them all these can contribute to someone reason not to borrow people money again.
No one can exhaust the reasons why people don't like lending people money out. Borrowers only act like kings after they have borrowed money. They will forget how they were pleading and how they are begging before the lender lent them the money. Just like I said, I lend out what I can afford to lose. So I don't even mind forgetting about the money.

Mika

VIP Contributor
In my home country, the interest rate for bank loans is between 9 and 18 percent (micro finance charge up to 24 percent interest), however, private lenders charge between 24-36 percent. Getting a bank loan is difficult because you need to do a lot of paper work, but you can easily get a loan from private lender.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
If I have enough money and someone I'm familiar with come meet me up for a help for money with genuine reasons, surely i won't hold him or her down to toil over before getting the money. Friendship is about sacrifice, and i can't watch those I l know to toil with their burden when i know I can solve it for them freely. Sometimes others might be so mean given out their money to friends, while some people doesn't have that's why it looked as if they stingy.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
I don't lend/borrow/loan money to anybody and I don't beg others to lend/borrow/loan me money, I carry myself and my baggage.

The reason why I don't loan people money is entitlement mentality, once you start giving out money to people, they will take you for granted because they'll start seeing as a cash cow that always have money to give out and if you're not outspoken you'll be taking advantage of and also loan can spoil a friendship because the loaned might be shy to talk to you and you might feel resentment towards him because he didn't pay you back, this can do damages to your relationship, if a friend or family ask me of loan, I don't give out loan, if I have the said amount I'll just give it out as a gift and that's all.

The reason why I don't beg others is, I don't live beyond my means, I make sure I limit my consumption to tally with what I make or have besides I don't like discomforting people at all, because I know how hectic life is.

I just wish people will take responsibility for themselves and think for themselves this problem of debts and loans will just vanish from there lives.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
@moonchild , I love your policy but not everybody will he cool with that. At times, I do find myself in the midst of two dicey options which makes me clueless on what to do. For instance, I don't really like not helping people that seek financial assistance from me. I feel somehow for not helping them even though, I know it may affect me.

Then I cam with an idea of lending people what I can afford. I don't borrow with the aim of collecting. Though, this is not a good way to an economist, I am too wesk emotional seeing people in need of money when I have it . Though some do take the advantage of me being wesk to demand for money incessantly.

I don't really like borrowing. And if I do, I always have alternative way of paying the money even before borrowing. But I was told there is no way you will be great especially as a business man without borrowing. The more money you borrow, the more expansion your business is, this is the reason why most business men obtain loan from the bank.

In conclusion, anything we wish to do, we should always be mindful of our pocket and cut our cloth according to our size

Kendy

Verified member
Personally, I think that agreement to loan out money is a thing of choice and anyone who chooses to do it has his own reasons for doing it and anyone who does not want to loan out money should not be seen as; wicked, callous or not wanting the other person to succeed. At times, we have to go past this sanctimonious mindset. There are so many people who have ventured into lending out money to people and at the end of the day, their good deeds backfired on them. We should stop this entitlement mentality because after all there are Banks where one can easily opt for loans, but you will see in most situations where you loan out money to an acquaintance and it gets very difficult for you to get back the money at the due time and they would even act as though they have forgotten that they are owing you money without any concrete explanation or even trying to reach out to you but if the reverse were to be the case where the acquaintance borrows from the bank you will see that the acquaintance will return the money on time and even with the interest rate attached. Therefore,
deciding not to borrow or lend out money to people does not make you a bad person or does not imply that you do not want other people to succeed even when you have the money. I've gone through several bad ordeals when I lend out money to friends and I lose the friendship and lose the money as well. In such a situation, do I keep on lending when they are banks where people can easily go and take loans?

Rachael

Verified member
Lending out money these days is more of taking a risk. The attitude of those who borrow money from people and deliberately fail to return it or wait for you to be a constant reminder or an alarm clock has made lending out money more difficult. It is best to always try and refer people to banks where they can easily access loans. People do ride on the intelligence of others. In cases, where you lend out money to an individual without an interest rate yet the person will find pleasure and delight in owing you and also making no effort in repayment, this makes the lending process harder because if the reverse were to be the case in banks, the individual would pay the loan with interest rate and would also sign a collateral incase he or she fails to pay and in addition, the individual would have to bring like two guarantors who would stand in as a bridge in case the person tries to abscond or play smart. I was in the habit of lending money but it costs me so much tarry nights and days of thinking when the people fail to repay so I made an intentional decision to quit the habit.

Caramelle

In many cases, it's not really a choice why someone would or would not want to lend money. We all have our reasons for working hard and earning money. Average people rarely have disposable income and when they do, they usually save the money or allot it for their family's well-being and enjoyment as well as for their own use. That's basically the reason why we have lenders and creditors in our midst. These are people that have purposely set out to lend money and earn profits from such transactions.

That said, there are also private people who are in the position to lend money for little to no interest. If you have a relative or friend like that, you can probably ask for help when the need arises. They may even lend money for no interest. However, I would only do so in extreme circumstances and I would commit to repaying the loan in the time and manner agreed upon. Abusing such generosity will have dire consequences such as the loss of opportunity to borrow again from the same person or from another person who may have knowledge of your reputation.

Some people who have excess funds just do not want to lend money because they don't want to make a business out of it as it can be a highly stressful business. It is actually a highly regulated industry and without the protection of the law, there is a big possibility of losing your money due to bad debts.​