Reasons “The Customer Is Always Right” Is Wrong

Mellorando

Banned
You’ve heard it before—or maybe you’ve said it yourself: “The customer is always right.” The customer is always right” shouldn’t be your motto as a small business owner. If you deal with customers in your day-to-day operations, this business advise deserves your attention. You’ll not only realize why you might be treating your customers wrong, but you also might find that you’re making your employees worse-off along the way.
Since superior customer service is the foundation of every business, we do all we can to ensure each customer is satisfied and has their needs met

1. It Puts Undo Stress on Employees:
No matter your clientele base, you are going to invariably come across at least a few unreasonable, belligerent ones. Know how to differentiate between this and an unreasonable customer. Try your best to resolve the conflict, but if it comes to either taking the side of a customer or that of your employee, it is best to choose that of your employee. Supporting your employees will always pay off for your business in the long run. Happy employees will go the extra mile to provide good service and make your customers happy.

2. It Strains the Management-Employee Relationship:
If a business owner consistently sides with the customer in times of conflict without giving the employee a chance to provide their input, it demoralizes the employee and can result in hard feelings. The employee often ends up resenting management and becomes bitter. This can affect their job performance, ultimately ending in poorer customer service to other customers.

3. Some Customers Will Hurt Your Business
It is somewhat logical to assume that in business, the more customers you have, the better. However, holding on to some customers can be bad for your business. Customers who are consistently abusive and rude to your employees – despite the amount of money they contribute to your business – will only end up causing problems and more stress for your employees. Sometimes, customer complaints might be completely fabricated due to a personal vendetta against the company overall, or one of your workers.
At a certain point, you need to decide if it is better to lose one customer than the loyalty and support of your workforce.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Anyhow you want to put it, customers are always right. Before I continue, I need to appreciate your efforts and your own point of view. I need to tell you that I am not aiming at arguing with you to win but to learn. Customers are always right in the sense that if they know more, they may do more. It is the duty of the seller to educate them . Remember a seller is also a customer to a manufacturer. And we all deserved to be treated with dignity when if we don't end up buying the goods.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
You are very correct with what you have said. What I want to say concerning the word; ' customers are always right' is that it is just a word to keep the customers abreast of the owner of the business that without the customers there is no them.
This is really talking about how is important to manage customers very well in order for the business yo progress.
Though one need to manage the customers very well but not at the detriment of the business because when the business us down they will live for another business.
A customer should nor be pamper to the extent of taking that opportunity granted and be looking for away to ruin the business instead let them know their boundary so that their will be no clash between both the seller and the buyers.
Though customer should be treated well and the customers should also remember that they should not misuse the opportunity .