Read This Before You Register Your Domain for Your Business

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Before I give you some tips on registering a domain, I will share some stories.

A friend of mine registered a domain, he was very happy to find out that the domain name he was trying to register was available for his chosen extension. He worked hard to build a great website with valuable content. But his website was rejected by Adsense. He could not figure it out why Adsense kept on rejecting again and again even though he had followed all rules. I suggest him to look for broken links, to his surprise he found a lot of broken links. It turned out that the domain was previously used for a website, which the owner decided to drop.

Another friend built his website and performed SEO, yet his website was not indexed on Google. It turned out that the previous owner was using the domain for scam activities.

Another friend of mine was frustrated to find out that his website was blocked by Facebook because a for spamming.

Therefore before you register your perfect domain name, you need to do a lot of research. Here is one some tip for you if you want to register a domain.

Check the domain name Archieve.org and domainhistory.net

These websites will give you whether the domain was previously registered or not, whether the domain was used for a website or not, or how many times the domain went through ownership changes.

Mika

VIP Contributor
There is a danger of buying expired domains or domains from another person. When you are buying expired domains or domains from other people you need to check what these domains were used for. On the safer side, always register your domain with a domain registrar and see if the domain you are buying had been used previously or not.

D

Deleted member 28127

There is a danger of buying expired domains or domains from another person. When you are buying expired domains or domains from other people you need to check what these domains were used for. On the safer side, always register your domain with a domain registrar and see if the domain you are buying had been used previously or not.
It is possible that you buy a legit website however you may delay user payments for whatever reason you have the offline commitment and people will say it is a scam website for delay 4 days for paying users. This is a bad culture that district websites and most of them do not apologize after getting funds.