Profitable Things That Will Always Sell In Nigeria

Setho

VIP Contributor
According to the national bureau of statistics, as at 2019 an average household in Nigeria spends fifty eight of their income on food and food products so that high. In Nigeria, anything food investment is definitely going to sell very well.
Another things that sell is cosmetics and health products. All the human hair, body creams, lip glosses and baby care products are things that are always in demand and will keep on being so because people use it on a daily basis.
From a personal experience though, phone, gadgets and their accessories or replacement parts is a nice business to do here in Nigeria as I made profits from them.

Segshowee

Food: As a student back then, once I withdraw my monthly stipends from banks, the very first thing I do is to head to the market to stock my food buckets, and there are thousands of people like me around the country, who do that weekly or monthly, once they get any money or collect Salaries.

Food is unarguably the no 1 basic necessity of life. It is the real fuel that drives existence and has become what no one can do without.
It doesn’t want to understand that there is recession in town or you’re broke.
Health Related Products: Health they say, is wealth. It is wealth to the healthy and also to the one providing healthy services. Everyday, there are millions of people globally searching for the right drugs or health related products to put them back into shape or let them forget their health worries.

This put Healthcare industry one one of the most patronized industries after food.
Housing Items: Everyday we all come from a home and get dispersed into the street in search of our daily breads and at dusks we are all heading home to keep our head, or to get some rest.

Home is part of man and no matter where how comfortable outside might be, there is always something that will be telling you that it is time to go home.

Add yours
Food business is a lucrative business that is always in high demand. Transportation business is a very good business to venture into with good return on investment. Real estate business is a good business that would generate good income too.

Olajidey

Fashion accessories are also another business that will always sell this is because people most especially ladies like to be on the latest trend in the fashion world and will spend their last money in other to look good. another product that sells is weight loss supplement, people like to look fit and smart but their nature of work did not give them time to engage in exercise so they result to using weight loss supplement pills. there are many product that will always sell no matter what.

Joseph555

A lot of things will always sell in Nigeria it is worthy of note that Nigerians love music no matter diamond the amount that will cause then they will still buy it despite the fact that we have many musicians they are some is still selling and I see making life out of it if Nigeria was a country that do not love music you could have been so impossible
Every musician in Nigeria can attest to the fact that they are making money seriously out of music and it is not a new thing because Nigerians love good music.

Kennysplash

Verified member
It is not just food, Nigeria is a large consumer country. Whatever you can think of that is reasonable and solves common problems will definitely sell well. Like you said, what tops the list is edible items, there is no two way about it we have to eat. So edible items can really be a great business, another is drinks. The number of bottled and plastic drinks consumed in Nigeria alone is enough to supply Ghana, Togo and 3 other African countries combined. There are other things like clothes, agricultural products etc.

Donkiz

Because of the large population of Nigeria, virtually every consumer products sells like wildfire, unless you are at a location where there are too many sellers of same product, or you are at a location where the product is not needed.

Before you open any business in any location in Nigeria, just make sure that the product is needed in that environment, else you might not have high patronage. There are some businesses that are exemption to the above, such as restaurants, sellers of food items, provision stores, sachet water vendors, etc., there's always a ready market for them no matter the location.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Yes food is very important because when one is hungry you will not be able to listing to any thing and we not be able to hear well some time.
There will be no food in the market if Agriculture in the country is not functioning well. If the Agriculture is doing well then the farm produce will be sufficient in the market and people will surely enjoy likewise the food will be cheaper to buy.

marcusfe

Nigeria is the most populous nation in Africa with over 200 million people so there is absolutely nothing that cannot sell in Nigeria all you have to do is proper business feasibility study. Study your environment and know the kind of people that are there, think of what they cannot do without or what is giving them serious headache then provide solution for them. The more you solve problems the more money you will make.

Ralphjoe

You are absolutely spot on to say that food is one business that will always sell in Nigeria because we love eating food. there's nobody in Nigeria that doesn't like eating food. Food is a commodity that is so much in high demand. the restaurant business is booming because most people love eating outside than eating at home due to their busy schedule.

Another business that will always sell and move in Nigeria is water selling business, that is pure water selling business right now. We as Nigerians love drinking water and I can also attest to myself because I love drinking water a lot.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The fact is that all basic necessities of life will always sell. Food is number one. All human beings daily activities is to ensure they put food to their tables. Another things are clothing. Nobody with working brain can work naked. We need to cover ourselves with cloth. That's why cloth sell fast as well. And it sells in seasons. Every season whether rainy or dry, clothes sell. And the last, just like you said, House. Housing is the most important aspect of human life. It is a very lucrative business that's why real estate management can rarely run bankrupt except it not well managed.

IamDozzy

You are very right, food is one of the things that will always sell in Nigeria. This is because everybody must eat. There is nobody that cannot do without food on planet Earth. Reason being that food isn't a luxury food unlike clothes and the rest. I would advise anybody looking for businesses to invest in to look at the food industry in Nigeria. The Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) isn't left out as well, it's a gold mine in which multinationals use to make money in Nigeria. Also with the advent of Covid-19, the importance of the health industry in Nigeria and the world became Paramount. Therefore, health is another mouth watering business one can go into in Nigeria.