Profitable T-shirt Ideas for Your T-shirt Business

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you want to make money by selling T-shirts, either by manufacturing T-shirts by yourself (through screen printing or digital printing), or through Print-On-Demand model, here are some profitable T-shirt ideas for your T-shirt business.

Grandpa and Grandma T-Shirts: Create T-shirts with a design that will appeal to old people, it can have funny quote, picture, illustration that old people usually love, a slogan that reminds the childhood activities of Baby Boomers, etc. Best thing is when someone comes to buy one T-shirt, he can buy another one as well (they want to gift to their grandparents at the same time, right). You can use the similar idea to create dad and mom T-shirt, brother and sister T-shirt, husband and wife T-shirt, etc.

Animal T-shirts: People love animals. They love to eat animals, raise animals in farm, as well as keep them as pets. The market is huge and you can cater to all sorts of people, from dogs and cats lover to those who like riding horses and also eating chicken and turkey.

I sell t-shirts through print-on-demand marketplaces. I sell customized T-shirt. Customized T-shirts mean I allow customers to have their own slogan or messages on T-shirts. Let's say, I am selling a T-shirt with a god image, I allow customers to have their message on the t-shirt. Since print-on-demand products are made only after the product is ordered, it is easier to sell customized products. I use a simple strategy to sell. I pair t-shirts with matching trousers, coffee mugs, towels, pillows, etc. I also allow customers to choose from different sizes and different colors. If you want to sell online and if you want to outsmart your competitor you need a new niche. In order to become successful online, you need a niche. It is always better to become a big fish in a small pond rather than a tiny fish in a sea and lost in the competition. So, how do you actually choose a niche, that's what you need to figure out.

Some of the best locations to seek for popular designs when selling t-shirts online include Instagram, Pinterest, Merch by Amazon, etc.

Depending on who your target market is, you can choose what to sell. If I stick with the Christmas t-shirt example, you have the option of selling t-shirts that only have phrases or ones that also include images from the holiday.

Publish the message that your customers want on the t-shirt. It is simpler to sell customised products with print-on-demand technology because the product is only produced when an order is placed.

You need a fresh specialty if you want to sell online and if you want to outsmart your rival. You need a niche if you want to succeed online.