Potted strawberry farm

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In our tropical country the strawberry farm is a phenomenon. The only place where strawberry thrives is in the province of Benguet which has a high elevation. But lately I have discovered the Hawaiian strawberry that can withstand hot temperature. See the picture below, those are my potted strawberry that bear fruits twice a year.

IMG_6164 strawb.JPG
If only I have a larger place I have plans of raising potted strawberry for a business. First is to sell the fruits which are very sweet and very desirable to eat. Maybe I can also sell the plants which can be attractive in the home as part of the interior decoration. However, the strawberry plant needs the morning sunlight. In fact, I have been giving potted strawberry plants with fruits for a gift. Friends say that my novelty gift is very much appreciated by the receiver. As of now I am still learning the best and fastest way to propagate the strawberry plant.

I am not into farming, I am not even a hobbyist gardener. However, I have a very high opinion of people who farm food. In my home country, there is a demand for strawberries. Until recently strawberries were imported from the neighboring countries, however, now farmers are taking interest in growing these berries. I might grow strawberries in my backyard someday.