Nigerians banned from funding crypto accounts

btaliat

VIP Contributor
As a result of the news from government yesterday, some trading and exchanging wallets have started to abide by the rules circulated from the Nigerian government. This is not the first time Nigerian government will make a rule that will affect international payment platform or cryptocurrencies wallet. Last year, they regulated the cryptocurrencies by asking mastercard not to fund the Nigerians cryptocurrencies wallet. Early this year, the Nigerian government also banned some international market from sending currency equivalent to naira to Nigerians. That is, they should be sending in their currency, this made Nigerians without domicillary accounts to receive fund from abroad.
Luno, one of the foremost and the most used cryptocurrencies platform, just denied Nigerians access to fund their accounts.
What do you think will be the implications of all these moves.?

The decision have left a soured taste on my mind right now. I know other Cryptocurrency enthusiasts in our country will feel so perplexed about the latest development in our country. That decision seems very unfavorable, and the one the citizens who deals on Cryptocurrency wouldn't like at all. Not depositing naira into the wallet seems uneasy at the moment we are subjected to relying on online merchants to transfer us coins and not paying with naira to buy crypto online again. For those who wanna invest heavily using naira method is saddened deeply about this one, I don't just like such ideas at all.