Must Forex Traders Have a Degree in Finance?

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Most forex traders do not have a degree in finance. However, many forex traders have a degree in business or economics. In this case, the person should be able to communicate their knowledge about the economy and financial markets to other people through speeches and seminars.

Forex trading is a profitable business which requires knowledge of finance, economics and other related subjects such as mathematics. Therefore, if you plan to start your own forex trading company, a degree in finance is a good idea. It will allow you to understand the basics of business, finance and economics. This will help you make better decisions in trading and investing.

The main benefit of having a degree in finance is that it prepares you for the challenges of forex trading. The best way to do this is through education, which includes classes and seminars on topics like economics and psychology.

E

eldavis

I do not think it is a must for forex traders to have a degree in finance or any related course. Though this might give them an advantage over others to some level but it is no where near a must for them to have this. I have come across traders who do not have a single degree in this field but are doing perfectly well. I have even seen some persons who are traders but they do not even have a school degree, but are doing perfectly well in the forex market.

Asahi

Verified member
Better comprehension yields better result. To improve this comprehension, we have to focus on learning. First learn how to trade forex properly and then select a broker with certain amount of investment. FXOpulence allows traders with free educational programs and narrow trading spread.

FXOchartist

Verified member
Actually forex trading business opened for all people no matter they background, because now learn forex can be learned from free resources with reading and practicing. If you still newbie in forex and entirely new, babypips of pipsology could become interesting source to learn forex. Then you can practice in demo ECN FXOpen to find strategy that suits with your minds. But remember forex is risky business, it is better practice in demo account until find profitable trading strategy before start real account.

However degree from finance or economic university of course will get more value, because they more understand with economic and finance, so maybe they can diversify capital not only invest in forex but also stock or bonds etc to balance portfolio.

Dita Walczak

Verified member
If big leverage using falls in your strategy, then it’s up to you how you will handle it. But I always keep my leverage lowering regardless of whatever my trading strategy is. FXOpulence allows traders with a whopping 1:500 leverage. The broker also allows traders with a demo account.

otisbrown723

Most forex traders do not have a degree in finance. However, many forex traders have a degree in business or economics. In this case, the person should be able to communicate their knowledge about the economy and financial markets to other people through speeches and seminars.

Forex trading is a profitable business which requires knowledge of finance, economics and other related subjects such as mathematics. Therefore, if you plan to start your own forex trading company, a degree in finance is a good idea. It will allow you to understand the basics of business, finance and economics. This will help you make better decisions in trading and investing.

The main benefit of having a degree in finance is that it prepares you for the challenges of forex trading. The best way to do this is through education, which includes classes and seminars on topics like economics and psychology.
Yeah you are right if there is someone who has also Masters in Finance, Mathematics etc. He/She will know and need a little info for starting Forex.