Mobile mining; The major disadvantages

Haypril

It’s not a surprise that mining on any mobile phones, regardless of their price category and ‘internal’ configuration, is characterized by a lot of cons. Now it’s time to consider major disadvantages of mobile mining.

Minimum profitability due to the ‘physical’ impossibility of mobile phone upgrading and initially low computing power.

A configuration of mobile devices doesn’t provide a rapid generation of blocks.

A gradually complicated mining process due to the increase in the number of miners.

The high cost of effective mining apps for Android and other operating systems.

There is an incredibly high risk of a crash caused by malicious software.

Fast battery consumption, as well as general overheating of a device due to functional overloading with some mining app.

An operational life of a device reducing.

A useful functions blocking, for example, with a running mining program on a smartphone, it’s impossible to make or receive calls as well as send messages, etc.

What are your options?

Olajidey

Mining of coin is not something that worth your time because you have to spend days before you can even achieve just a dollar worth of what you have mine and I have noticed that when you tend to be mining there are some prompt video ads that will just pop up and start playing, you will also notice that your battery life is not as strong as it use to be.

Haypril

Thanks for your response and contribution. But don't you think mining has really paid off billions of dollars to the early birds. Let take for instance, bitcoin was at first mined and I believe the set of people that participated in mining the free coin then and were able to store it till 2017 must have made a fortune selling it off or exchanging it for other be benefits. Of a truth, mining consumes time and battery.
Mining of coin is not something that worth your time because you have to spend days before you can even achieve just a dollar worth of what you have mine and I have noticed that when you tend to be mining there are some prompt video ads that will just pop up and start playing, you will also notice that your battery life is not as strong as it use to be.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I do not think that mobile mining is profitable at all. you cannot make profits mining cryptocurrencies using the desktop computer either. This is because the mining difficulty of all the major cryptocurrencies is just too high. Mobile devices do not have a good, powerful hardware that would compute the mining process fast. You need a really, really good and expensive hardware to mine cryptocurrencies.

Haypril

I do not think that mobile mining is profitable at all. you cannot make profits mining cryptocurrencies using the desktop computer either. This is because the mining difficulty of all the major cryptocurrencies is just too high. Mobile devices do not have a good, powerful hardware that would compute the mining process fast. You need a really, really good and expensive hardware to mine cryptocurrencies.
You are right with the point you have taken time to pick out. however, Mobile mining is not profitable for the top coins that are already in high increase. coins like bitcoin and ethereum. In fact, I believe any website offering to mine those two coins should be careful researched on before venturing into it in other to limit the waste of time and resources. But there are some coins that allows mobile mining and seems to have a good future potential. Coins like pioneer coin (pi) and Bee.

Lekhraj19

Verified member
Yes, we do use some mining apps some times in our lap or smartphone sometimes, and we are looking for money through that straight away. But, what happens is when we download these applications that are of mining they generally don't give good rewards, and if they give good worth for it then it's to some lucky winners only.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Since mobile mining is not profitable, I cannot see any (Profitable) way to earn cryptocurrencies. The only way to earn cryptocurrencies is to download and install apps on your phone that pay in crypto. But I think such apps are a big waste of time because such apps pay a very less amount of money and it's not worth it.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I will never on earth try mining with my smart phone again. The last time i tried it, it nearly blew up my phone cos of over heating of my device. It drains battery faster and the reward for such time consuming is very minimal. It shouldn't be something we waste our time on.

Sammyesx

Oh, I didn't realize that I t has that much disadvantage, the consumption of battery life will be normal because of the background operation, but the thing is if one happens to mine a new coin at a high rate, and the coin happens to becokme very successful then all the hardwork Wil have paid off, like the case of bitcoin.

D

Deleted member 28127

It’s not a surprise that mining on any mobile phones, regardless of their price category and ‘internal’ configuration, is characterized by a lot of cons. Now it’s time to consider major disadvantages of mobile mining.

Minimum profitability due to the ‘physical’ impossibility of mobile phone upgrading and initially low computing power.

A configuration of mobile devices doesn’t provide a rapid generation of blocks.

A gradually complicated mining process due to the increase in the number of miners.

The high cost of effective mining apps for Android and other operating systems.

There is an incredibly high risk of a crash caused by malicious software.

Fast battery consumption, as well as general overheating of a device due to functional overloading with some mining app.

An operational life of a device reducing.

A useful functions blocking, for example, with a running mining program on a smartphone, it’s impossible to make or receive calls as well as send messages, etc.

What are your options?
Did you try Cryptotab and did you consider it as a malicious software? In cryptotab while you navigate the browser is mining you could earn from daily login to the browser as there is one tab for mining and others for navigation and with friends invite it could be more. I can confirm for new apps that are not well known there could be a malicious software and antivirus in most of case blocks mining.

I have tried mining with my mobile phone. The experience I had wasn't so palatable.

The battery of phone ran down quickly, the reward was so small for the kind of damage it was causing to my phone. I wasn't even sure how safe it was.

Anyway, I had to uninstall and I'll never try that again.

Georgeadawara

There are many disadvantages of mobile mining because it first need much of your time and resources. And another disadvantages is that most of them just used to scam people because after mining what it worth withdrawing then you will not be able to withdraw like i have many crypto currencies that i mined but not able to withdraw and this discouraged from from mining again because i see it as waste of time