Man Vs. Woman: Who Can Excel as a Marketer?

Mika

VIP Contributor
I do not think careers are reserved for genders, any gender can attempt any career. Whether the person becomes successful or not depends on his or her skills, knowledge, and persistence. Women can become successful as a gamer, programmer, a website designer, and ecommerce which were originally thought to be jobs meant for men. Likewise, men can also become successful in fashion design, hair and makeup, cooking, and things like these where women were originally placed.

Interestingly, it is easier for a certain gender to excel in a certain profession. For instance, if you check social media influencer, you will see women performing better than men.

Generally speaking, women are thought to be a better marketers. There are three reasons:

The audience is men and men tend to pay attention when the marketer is a woman

Women have the natural power of persuasion.

Women appear attractive to both genders.

However, it is also true that to be a better marketer, marketing skills are also required.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Lady, this way you are promoting the what ad agencies always do, use women even on male related ads. Women really have influence in it, only if Male are overlooked, We know that, if we use investing, then most of the time male influence works, but that too isn't gender based, its the popularity, a celibrity if used in marketing, this attracts people.​

E

eldavis

Personally i feel both genders can actually do great in this field in particular as long as they put their mind to it. Being a marketer is not based on your gender, rather it is based on your ideas and capabilities. I have seen a lot of men who excel in marketing and are doing really great, and at the same time i have come across women who do wonderfully well.

Etini

Valued Contributor
Truth be told whether anyone accepts it or not, women make better marketers. The World is generally harsh to the male gender and gentle to the female gender. Same way, potential clients express a higher level of receptivity to women than men. It is relatively easier for a woman to enter an establishment and ask for an audience. Women are better marketers than men.

Another thing is that women are more dramatic than men. A man is so straight to the point and logical. A woman can easily put up a dramatic scene to pave her way for her to go in and sell. If you go to the bank for instance, the head of marketing teams are generally women. That's because they have proven an unparalleled level of excellence in the area of marketing. Give a guy target. He would just feel depressed but for women, they would stand up and strive to meet the target