Making Money Selling Second Hands Items

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Selling Second hand items is a viable way of making side income especially in developing countries, because most people can't afford new items because of how the economy is and general low economic strength of citizens.

To start this type of business you have to decide what type of second hand item you will sell, there are different things you can start with like

-Clothes.
-Kitchen items.
-Bedrooms duvets and bedsheets.

These items can be ordered through thrift stores like Facebook marketplace and all, you can also use different countries to tweak your Facebook marketplace location to USA to get cheaper deals and then search online for shippers and then get them to ship your products to your country of residence.

From there you can resell using different advertising strategies, like

-Word of mouth.
-Digital Marketing.

You can also hire a shop and then display your wares but advisably you shouldn't invest in getting shop without validating your idea and making sure it's bringing in money.

This business has proven to have a high return on investment because you are buying cheap from somewhere else, dirt cheap to some extent and then add up your own moderate profits and then make money.

If you enjoy this article please leave a comment.

E

eldavis

I know a lot of persons who have actually made money selling second hand items, and the best part about how they run the business is how they package their goods and services. Some actually package their products as if they where new ones. The internet has also made the work a whole lot easier, there are sites where you can register and sell your second hand products with ease and get customers easily. Here in my country, some of these sites are olx, Jiji etc.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
Many people like to sell second hands items due to the lack of funds or even the quality is not a bit different from first hand item and this guarantee typically the same result. For kitchen or clothes there is even second hand clothes or kitchen elements that stays at good situation and are benefical for both the seller and buyer instead of throwing them from the window.
Typically Facebook Marketplace is not available for all the countries unfortenally but I hope it will be available for more countries as you initiate an example that it is used to sell items.

Heartstrings

Yes, you are right, used items are one way to make money and it is just like a side hustle, there are so many things of second hand you can sell,and the most profitable ones I know of is clothes, phones and kitchen items. All this are one of the most needed we need daily.
I know of a woman who sells used clothes and making it big,she has many customers who patronise her and she enjoys what she does.
Kitchen items are also very profitable as you mentioned, they are all nice and good business and a way to make quick money.

There was a day I was taking a walk around my neigbhood,I saw a man displays used items, blender, television,oven, toaster, baby bed, hair dryer and others I can't really remember at the moment,they were all nice looking and I was really impressed, because I know he will definitely make some cash from it.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Selling second-hand items is a great idea. It is true that a lot of people worldwide make money daily by selling items that they do not need anymore. There are a numerous selling platforms online where you can sell your used items provided that they are in good condition. You can also promote and sell your items through Facebook. Thank you very much for your informative article.

Mastergp

Verified member
Some people sells product that are used by others or at most occasion they sell their own product. In order to make money. In my country this method of selling has become rampant because of the fact that most people might not able to afford new item or product so the look forward for this second hand items.

Still they are still some who hate buying this second hands materials they may think of it as condemn item but this is not entirely true because some of this owners may make proper use of their items and still many people love new version of an item that change their product when every new version come out like our smart phone, so most of this product might not be used for long the only may want to sell them because he need a new product not because they have a technical issues.

Most of my own products are second hand materials and I have used them for a long time now and I am still using them. Being a second hand material or I'm doesn't mean we can't sell or buy them from others.