Making Money from Blogging

raaman

Valued Contributor
A blog is not a place to record people's diaries and thoughts if they want to earn passive income. At present, there are several ways of making money from blogging. Affiliate marketing is one of the many. Once the blog has a stable amount of traffic, you can take advantage of the article content to insert sales links.

With this method, you only need to insert links to other people's products and get a commission if that product is sold. Advertisers will pay if you allow them to show their banner ads on your blog. They often pay based on the number of monthly visitors, engagement level, and the conversion rate. The more impressive your numbers are, the more they pay.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yes, earning passive income on a blog is very possible. There are several ways of making money from blogging. Which affiliate marketing is one of such. But you need to have high traffic to scale. All you need do is to insert links into the article content for people to click and buy from the link. And then you can get a commission if the product is sold. As I earlier stated you need good number of monthly visitors to excel.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I agree a blog is not a place to share your random thoughts if you primarily want to make money from your blog. Even though in the early days a blog was basically an online platform were you shared random thoughts just like in your journal or diary, however, these days a blog is basically a website where you publish useful and informative content so that people can come and read your articles and in the mean time you make money from ads or products yo put on sale.

ZayneSchultz

I've explored affiliate marketing on my blog, and it's interesting to see how those sales links can contribute. Attracting advertisers with a solid readership has significantly boosted my earnings. It's all about leveraging content and traffic.

Adda

You'll need some good volumes of real traffic to make big incomes, but the process and the investment in time and effort is really really worth it. I feel like people these days do not have the patience to grow their income streams, they want to be overnight billionaires so I see a lot of scepticism from people who give up quickly and say affiliate marketing or ad monetization are not worth it.

Anyway... what platforms are you using today for ad monetization? I gave up AdSense long ago and I'm genuinly curious.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I making money from my blog since a long time. However, it took me many years to be here. My blog was not an instant hit. When I started blogging, I even did not have SEO skills. I gradually built my skills and eventually managed to run a money making money. If you want to blog, you need to remember you cannot make money immediately, it might take months before you can even see $1 per day earning on your blog, anfd might takes years to see $10 per day.