Making Money as a Writer: Focus on a Niche

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
You can make money as a writer doing side hustle ad well s full time job, how much you can earn depends on your skills.

If you are ok writer, you can post on article sites and discussion boards and make few bucks.

If you are a good writer, you can write press release, emails, articles, blog posts and make moderate amount.

If you are very good writer, you can write white papers, books, ebooks and make really well. Do you know successful writers on sites like Fiverr and Upwork make $3000-$5000 per month.

Therefore in order to earn more, you need to be very good writer and upgrade yourself from ok writer. You will also have to focus on one area of writing, instead of trying your hand son everything. If you focus on one area, it will be easier to develop your skills. For instance, if you focus on book writing instead of trying to do book writing, copy writing, article writing, etc. at the same time, it will be easier for you to become successful.

Focus on niche and build your expertise on that niche.

When I started working online, I was not even a writer. However, I started writing on forums and became an ok writer. I continued to brush up on my writing skills and I started writing articles and then blog posts. I don't call myself a good writer, but I have published ebooks and even sold a few copies of ebooks. I do not have big dreams to become a writer, therefore, I am not even focusing on a writing career. However, if you have that dream, you should definately choose one particular area of writing. You should choose the one that is profitable, the area you are very comfortable in and also you have knowledge and skills.I know people who make good money writing erotica, if you are comfortable writing this genre, you can try it, otherwise do not attemept just becuse you can mke money writing on this genre.